The Georgia Bulldogs picked up a 52-7 win over Georgia Tech on Saturday. The LSU Tigers won 50-7 against the Texas A&M Aggies. Both teams meet this coming Saturday in Atlanta to play in the SEC championship game, and both schools will be ranked in the top-5.
Georgia (11-1, 7-1) remains at No. 4 in both the Coaches Poll and AP Poll heading into week 15. LSU (12-0, 8-0) is at No. 1 in both polls. The College Football Playoff committee did rank LSU at No. 2 this past week. The latest batch of rankings come out on Tuesday.
After beating Georgia Tech, Georgia coach Kirby Smart was brief when discussing the talented Tigers.
“I don’t feel like I know enough about them. I know at the surface, from what I’ve seen with the teams we’ve overlapped with, Florida and Auburn,” Smart said. “It seemed like we’ve had them on tape, so you get to see them. But I can’t answer that question because I don’t know.”
Georgia and LSU met last season in Baton Rouge and it was not all that close. The Tigers ran for 275 yards that day and came away with a decisive 36-16 victory. Jake Fromm struggled that day, getting intercepted twice in the defeat.
The Bulldogs will be shorthanded on the offensive side of the ball in the first half, as Georgia’s leading receiver George Pickens will miss the first half following an ejection for fighting against Georgia Tech. Georgia running back D’Andre Swift also suffered a shoulder injury in the win, but Smart indicated he would be fine.
Georgia and LSU are set for a 4:00 p.m. ET kickoff on CBS. This will be the third consecutive season Georgia plays in the SEC championship game. The Bulldogs beat Auburn in 2017, but lost to Alabama in 2018.
For the full AP and Coaches Polls for Week 15, see below.
AP Poll Top 25 Week 15 rankings
Coaches Poll Top 25 Week 15 rankings
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Georgia senior Tyler Simmons overcomes injury with Game Ball performance, back atop rotation
- LSU favored over Georgia, first time Bulldogs are underdogs this season
- Social media sounds off on George Pickens, previews Georgia-LSU SEC championship game
- Georgia football report card: Bulldogs suffer sting wounds despite 52-7 win
- WATCH Georgia coach Kirby Smart on George Pickens: ‘We’re gonna help him grow up’
- WATCH: Georgia QB Jake Fromm zeroes in LSU, puts Georgia Tech win behind him
- Georgia WR Lawrence Cager undergoes ankle surgery, ‘doubtful’ to return this season
- RECAP: Georgia pulls away from rival Georgia Tech, 52-7