Georgia football lands in top-5 of both polls heading into game against Arkansas
The Georgia Bulldogs will get their first chance to validate their lofty rankings in both the Coaches and AP Polls this coming Saturday when the Bulldogs play Arkansas.
The second week of polls came out on Sunday. The Coaches Poll had the Bulldogs tied with Oklahoma in third, while the AP Poll put the Bulldogs at No. 4.
Clemson is still the top team in both polls, with Alabama following them in both. The Coaches Poll reinserted Big Ten teams into the poll this week after the conference announced games would return on Oct. 24. The AP Poll will do the same starting next Sunday. Ohio State is the highest rated Big Ten team, coming in at No. 10.
Georgia is one of seven teams ranked in the Coaches Poll, joining Alabama, LSU at No. 5, Florida at No. 6, Auburn at No. 8, Texas A&M at No. 11 and Tennessee at No. 21. In the AP Poll, eight teams are ranked, with Kentucky coming in at No. 23.
The Bulldogs play the Tigers on Oct. 3. Should both teams win it would set-up the first top-10 matchup of the season. Auburn plays Kentucky to open the season.
Georgia will be seeing a couple of familiar faces in Fayetville, Ark., as the Razorbacks are led by former Georgia offensive line coach Sam Pittman. Arkansas also has former Florida quarterback Feleipe Franks as a likely starter.
Georgia coach Kirby Smart though is expecting a different look
“As for what he will do in this offense it’s really an unknown,” Smart said on the Arkansas offense. “It’s completely different. He’s playing for a different coordinator so I don’t think there’s a lot of advantage in terms of that.”
Georgia and Arkansas kickoff at 4 p.m. ET on the SEC Network. To see the entire Week 2 Top 25 AP Poll and Week 2 Top 25 AP Poll, see below.
Week 3 Top 25 Coaches Poll 2020
7. Notre Dame
10. Ohio State
11. Texas A&M
12. North Carolina
13. Penn State
15. Central Florida
18. Oklahoma State
24. Virginia Tech
Week 3 Top 25 AP Poll 2020
7. Notre Dame
10. Texas A&M
11. North Carolina
15. Oklahoma State
20. Virginia Tech
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- New additions at tight end may take time to integrate into UGA offense
- WATCH: D’Wan Mathis throws dart, George Pickens’ spectacular catch
- WATCH: Jersey poll result, explosive Georgia football preseason storylines erupt
- Georgia football podcast: Kirby Smart is uncommonly good at a crucial aspect of coaching
- How many different starting QBs will Georgia football have this year?
- Georgia football receiver George Pickens shares secret to Sugar Bowl success
- WATCH: UGA’s uniform reveal left some fans with questions
- NCAA grants Cade Mays waiver for 2020 season, now waiting on SEC
- Azeez Ojulari tops list of Georgia football players snubbed by SEC coaches
- WATCH: NCAA wipes out all face-to-face recruiting for Georgia football for 2020 season