The Georgia Bulldogs picked up another convincing win on Saturday, beating Tennessee 44-21. The Bulldogs outscored the Volunteers 27-0 in the second half to pull away from a Tennessee team that came into the week as one of just four unbeatens in the SEC.
The win, coupled with a Florida loss to Texas A&M and an unimpressive showing from Alabama in a 63-48 win over Ole Miss, the Bulldogs sit as the No. 3 team in both the AP and Coaches Poll Top 25. The Bulldogs got a single first-place vote in the AP Poll.
The Clemson Tigers are still the No. 1 ranked team in both polls. Alabama is No. 2 in both as well. The SEC had six teams ranked in both polls, the fewest it has had at any point this season after LSU’s loss to Missouri. Tennessee dropped from No. 14 to No. 18 in the AP Poll following the defeat.
The Bulldogs and Crimson Tide play each other this week in what should be one of the most anticipated college football games of the season. Alabama and Georgia are the only two unbeaten teams left in the SEC. Factor in the personal history between Kirby Smart and Nick Saban, and all eyes will be on this big-time matchup.
Smart spoke briefly about preparing for the Crimson Tide following the Georgia win on Saturday.
Obviously, much attention will be paid to how Georgia attempts to slow down the Crimson Tide offense. But Smart made sure to point out how the Bulldogs will have to look back at the Tennessee game to see what Alabama might be looking at.
“You know, a lot of people will brush this game off and try to go to the next one,” Smart said. You can’t do that because what are they going to do all week? They’re going to watch our tape deeper than we’re going to watch our tape. When you go in and watch the tape and move on, they’re watching your tape from Sunday to Friday.
So you better watch it and try to anticipate what they’re going to see.”
Alabama and Georgia get started at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday. Below you can see the full Top 25 Coaches Poll and AP Poll.
Week 6 Top 25 Coaches Poll 2020
1. Clemson 2. Alabama 3. Georgia 4. Notre Dame 5. Ohio State 6. North Carolina 7. Oklahoma State 8. Penn State 9. Florida 10. Cincinnati 11. Texas A&M 12. Miami 13. BYU 14. Auburn 15. Wisconsin 16. Oregon 17. Tennessee 18. SMU 19. Michigan 20. Iowa State 21. Louisiana 22. Kansas State 23. Virginia Tech 24. USC 25. Minnesota
Week 6 Top 25 AP Poll 2020
1. Clemson 2. Alabama 3. Georgia 4. Notre Dame 5. North Carolina 6. Ohio State 7. Oklahoma State 8. Cincinnati 9. Penn State 10. Florida 11. Texas A&M 12. Oregon 13. Miami 14. BYU 15. Auburn 16. Wisconsin 17. SMU 18. Tennessee 19. Michigan 20. Iowa State 21. Louisiana 22. Kansas State 23. Virginia Tech 24. Minnesota 25. USC
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Report Card: Georgia aces adjustments and defense in 44-21 win over Tennessee
- What social media is saying after Georgia’s win over Tennessee with Alabama looming
- Georgia football SEC Week 3 roundup: What DawgNation needs to know
- 3 things: Georgia defense special, quarterback needs work, competition at RB
- Kearis Jackson has another strong game while George Pickens is showing ‘silly behavior’
- Kirby Smart fiercely defends fourth down decisions in 44-21 win over Tennessee
- Stetson Bennett perfectly sums up Georgia positives and frustrations following Tennessee win
- Georgia football instant observations following game against Tennessee
- Georgia football pummels Tennessee in second half for 44-21 win
- Georgia football Game Ball: Azeez Ojulari sparks 44-21 comeback win over Tennessee