The Georgia Bulldogs pulled off another big win on Saturday, as they took down the Auburn Tigers with a 21-14 victory. And because of the win, Georgia leapfrogged the Alabama Crimson Tide to settle in at the No. 4 spot in both the AP and Coaches Polls for week 13.
Georgia (9-1, 6-1) also clinched the SEC East for the third consecutive season with the win over Auburn. That means Georgia will be playing the winner of the SEC West on Dec. 7 in Atlanta. Should LSU beat Arkansas next week, the Tigers would lock up the SEC West.
However, Georgia isn’t looking past its next opponent, as the Bulldogs have a tough game against Texas A&M this coming Saturday. Georgia coach Kirby Smart wasn’t looking past the Aggies and head coach Jimbo Fisher after Georgia finished off Auburn.
“There’s significance in coming here and beating a ranked team in their place in an unbelievable environment,” Smart said. “There’s a lot of significance to that and the East, but we’re worried about Texas A&M.”
The Aggies are ranked No. 24 in the Coaches Poll and AP Poll this week.
Georgia had previously jumped the Crimson Tide in the College Football Playoff rankings, as the Bulldogs were No. 4 in that poll. The next version of those results comes out on Tuesday. Alabama did lose its starting quarterback, as Tua Tagovailoa suffered a dislocated hip and will miss the remainder of the season.
The only other teams ranked ahead of Georgia in the polls are LSU, Ohio State and Clemson. The Buckeyes take on No. 9 Penn State this week, while Clemson is off as the Tigers have a week to prepare for the South Carolina Gamecocks.
For the full Week 13 AP Poll and Coaches Polls, see below.
AP Poll Top 25 Week 13
Coaches Poll Top 25 Week 13
|25||San Diego State||8-2|
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- ‘Extremely athletic’ Travon Walker churns freshman potential into performance
- WATCH Auburn’s Gus Malzahn: Tigers ‘stuffed’ Georgia in fourth quarter
- The Dawgs’ sputtering offense isn’t doing great UGA defense any favors
- WATCH Jake Fromm after 21-14 win at Auburn: ‘We have to get better on offense’
- Kirby Smart details Georgia football injuries: Lawrence Cager and O-Line banged up
- Auburn player: ‘Shout out to Georgia … they are a great team’
- Georgia football stock report: Bulldogs’ cash in at Auburn