The Georgia Bulldogs defeated the Tennessee Volunteers 43-14 on Saturday night to improve to 5-0 on the season. And because the Bulldogs maintained their unbeaten record, they continued to occupy the No. 3 spot in both the AP and Coaches Polls.
The Bulldogs still sit behind Alabama in Clemson in the polls and with Ohio State for the No. 3 spot. The bigger mover this week was Florida, who picked up a 24-13 win over the previously No. 7 ranked Auburn Tigers. Florida moved up to No. 7 in the AP and Coaches Poll and No. 7 in the Coaches Poll, while Auburn dropped to No. 12 in both polls.
Georgia will face both schools in November, as the Bulldogs play Florida in Jacksonville on Nov. 2 and then visit the Tigers on Nov. 16. The Bulldogs also have games left against No. 24 Texas A&M and Missouri in the month of November as well.
Notre Dame, Georgia’s best win to date this season, won 52-0 over Bowling Green on Saturday to maintain its top-10 ranking at No. 9. The Fighting Irish visit a USC team this week that is coming off of a bye week.
Against Tennessee, the Bulldogs were led by quarterback Jake Fromm, who completed 24 of his 29 pass attempts for 288 passing yards and 2 touchdowns. The Georgia defense also had a standout performance, as Tennessee was held scoreless in the second half. The Bulldogs defense actually outscored Tennessee’s offense, thanks to a big-hit from Eric Stokes that enabled a scoop and score for Tae Crowder.
Georgia's defense? A bunch of Dawgs 💪 pic.twitter.com/G7ZAfa1NgF
— ESPN College Football (@ESPNCFB) October 6, 2019
Georgia is back in action on Saturday, as it takes on the South Carolina Gamecocks. Kickoff for the game is set for a 12 p.m. and the game will be broadcast on ESPN.
Below you can see the full AP Poll and Coaches Poll for week 7.
AP Poll Top 25 Week 7 2019 season
Coaches Poll Top 25 Week 7 2019 season
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Azeez Ojulari shows why he’s ‘pretty special’ in multi-sack effort against Tennessee
- WATCH Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt after loss to Georgia: ‘We pushed them a little bit’
- Georgia football report card: Bulldogs respond to road deficit, top Tennessee 43-14
- Jake Fromm sings ‘Rocky Top’ while leaving postgame interview after Tennessee win
- WATCH Georgia coach Kirby Smart: ‘We were wearing them down,’ 43-14 win over Tennessee
- Georgia stock report: Bulldogs top Tennessee 43-14 after slow start
- Georgia Game Ball: Jake Fromm poised, pilots 43-14 victory over Tennessee