The Georgia Bulldogs picked up an ugly 21-0 win over the Kentucky Wildcats on Saturday. The game was played in a massive rainstorm, leading to tough conditions for both offenses.
The reason the Bulldogs were able to move up is that the Wisconsin Badgers lost to Illinois. The loss dropped the Badgers from their No. 6 ranking to No. 13.
The Bulldogs are still behind Florida, who came in at No. 7 in the AP Poll and moved to the No. 8 spot in the Coaches Poll. The Gators picked up a 38-27 win over South Carolina. Georgia enters the game with a 6-1 record, while Florida is 7-1. Georgia is 3-1 in the SEC while Florida is 4-1. Georgia and Florida both have the week off before facing each other in Jacksonville, Fla., on Nov. 2.
Georgia coach Kirby Smart was asked about preparations going into the annual rivalry after the Kentucky game.
“I’m really focused right now on getting our guys healthy. We’re going to go out on Monday and do some walkthrough stuff, prepare and get healthy,” Smart said. “We’re going to take some opponents down the road on Tuesday and continue to work on Florida and other teams who do things differently. Then we’ll get tied down on them on Wednesday or Thursday.”
Georgia also has a game against No. 9 Auburn on Nov. 16. The Tigers actually jumped Georgia in the AP Poll after beating Arkansas 51-10. Missouri was ranked No. 22 in the AP Poll last week, but dropped out after losing to Vanderbilt. Notre Dame, who Georgia beat earlier in the season, moved up to No. 8 in the AP Poll.
For the full AP and Coaches Poll, see below.
AP Poll Top 25 Week 9
Coaches Poll Week 9 Top 25
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- WATCH Georgia QB Jake Fromm: 21-0 win over Kentucky no ‘beauty contest’
- Georgia football stock report: Defense locks down Kentucky 21-0
- Georgia football game ball: D’Andre Swift carries Bulldogs to 21-0 win
- Cover 4 on Georgia football: What will this team’s record look like after 12 games?
- Georgia football report card: Bulldogs pass Kentucky wet weather test
- WATCH: Kirby Smart proud Bulldogs able to ‘chop wood’ in win over Kentucky
- Kentucky coach encourages D’Andre Swift to declare early for NFL Draft
- Georgia’s Kirby Smart ‘very pleased’ with OC James Coley, addresses home fans booing