WATCH: DawgNation team picks breakout Georgia football players, identifies SEC players to watch
This time a year ago, not too many people knew what Georgia would get out of Azeez Ojulari or George Pickens. Sure, some within the Georgia fanbase had high expectations for the two players, but the rest of the SEC didn’t spend too much time thinking about either.
That certainly isn’t the case anymore, as both players had strong 2019 seasons. Ojulari went on to lead the Georgia team in sacks, while Pickens emerged as one of the conference’s most talented wide receivers. Both figure to be two of the top players at their respective positions in the conference.
So which Georgia football players have the potential to do the same thing on the 2020 team? The DawgNation team members did their best at identifying which players could end up doing just that.
Mike Griffith made a case for running back James Cook. Jeff Sentell then spoke about Lewis Cine’s potential for the 2020 season. Connor Riley and Brandon Adams both agreed that Nakobe Dean could go on to become a key member of the Georgia defense. The four also talked about the players on the offensive side of the ball who have a chance to break out as well.
The crew then spent the next part of the conversation picking out players from Georgia’s various SEC foes that have similar potential in the 2020 season. From the likes of Jaylen Waddle and Najee Harris for Alabama to Auburn’s Bo Nix, the Bulldogs are set to face a number of elite players over the course of the 2020 season.
The DawgNation team hosts Cover 4 Live every Thursday on the DawgNation Youtube and Facebook pages.
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Georgia football podcast: UGA players get high-profile help with offseason training
- Smael Mondon: Decrypting that recent tweet from the 5-star UGA target
- SEC presidents will vote on bringing players back in June
- WATCH: Jamaree Salyer workout video and progress catches the attention of Kirby Smart
- Arrest warrant issued for former Georgia cornerback Deandre Baker on multiple counts of armed robbery, aggravated assault with a firearm