WATCH: Brett Thorson bombs 75-yard punt, sets up near-safety for Georgia football
Kirby Smart wasn’t sure how good Georgia’s punt team was, given the Bulldogs have punted just 18 times this season.
Safe to say, we got an answer on Saturday, when freshman Brett Thorson bombed a 75-yard punt.
Smart often stresses the importance of special teams play and we see why that was the case, giving Georgia some major momentum.
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Live Updates: Georgia-Tennessee showdown, Kirby Smart’s pregame thoughts on officiating
- Georgia receiver Ladd McConkey takes on expanded role with Adonai Mitchell still sidelined
- Tim Tebow: Don’t count Stetson Bennett and Brock Bowers out of Heisman Trophy race
- Kirby Smart shares Georgia mindset on College GameDay: ‘Hunt with a purpose’
- ‘Weightless’ Jalin Hyatt expects physical play from Georgia, ready to exploit matchups
- Around the SEC: 3 keys for Georgia and Tennessee wins, TV times and networks
- The 2 big reasons Austin Blaske could be the starting left tackle for Georgia football in 2023
- Smael Mondon raves about CJ Allen, Raylen Wilson: ‘Everything you want in a linebacker’
- Amarius Mims to ‘get way better’ as he moves into full-time starting spot on Georgia offensive line
- Salary information, titles revealed for new Georgia coaches Brandon Streeter, Darrell Dickey
- Daniel Jeremiah NFL mock draft sends offensive tackle Broderick Jones to a ‘dream scenario’
NextGeorgia QB Stetson Bennett rings up 13-yard TD run, mocks pranksters