Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more.
Why Broderick Jones is the most important recruit for Georgia football
In today’s video version of Good Day, UGA, we discuss 5-star offensive tackle Broderick Jones and why he is such a vital part of Georgia’s 2020 recruiting class.
Jones is listed as the No. 14 overall prospect in the 2020 recruiting cycle and would be the highest rated Georgia signee from the state. But that’s only if the Bulldogs land his signature. Auburn is also heavily involved in his recruitment and the Tigers can offer many of the same things the Bulldogs can.
The biggest reason as to why securing Jones would be the best thing Georgia football can do to cap off its 2020 recruiting class is because Georgia has such a glaring need at left tackle. Cade Mays was thought to be the replacement for star Andrew Thomas, but Mays has since transferred to Tennessee.
With Jones taking his official visit to Georgia this weekend, it’s paramount that new offensive line coach Matt Luke make a strong impression on the 5-star offensive tackle from Lithonia, Ga.
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- 5-star signee hints that UGA might finish with No. 1 class
- Georgia football podcast: Questions persist about 5-star RB Zach Evans
- Georgia football releases salary for new OC Todd Monken
- WATCH: Jamie Newman, Richard LeCounte star in latest Georgia football workout video
- Georgia football’s Andrew Thomas first-round NFL draft lock, Cleveland popular projection
- Georgia football podcast: Expect UGA’s new-look offense to silence Florida hype
- Why the addition of 5-star QB Brock Vandagriff could be a great sign for in-state recruiting
- Kirby Smart recognizes his offense needs to change after latest Georgia football coaching moves