WATCH: Georgia football is No. 4 in coaches poll, but here’s how they can get to No. 1
The Georgia football team will begin the 2020 season where it ended the 2019 season. Ranked as the No. 4 team in the country, as that is where the Bulldogs came in at in this first Amway Coaches Poll of the 2020 season.
The only teams ahead of Georgia are Clemson, Ohio State and Alabama. All of those teams have legitimate reasons as to be ranked above the Bulldogs at the start of the season, chiefly that those three teams have far fewer questions on the offensive side of the ball than the Bulldogs.
But Georgia still has a ton of talent on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball. So the question put forth as a part of this week’s Cover 4 was rather simple: What does Georgia to end the season ranked ahead of those teams?
DawgNation’s Brandon Adams, Connor Riley, Mike Griffith and Jeff Sentell took their turns discussing and explaining the outlook for Georgia in the 2020 season, and what it must do to get over that championship hump.
Other topics discussed in this week’s edition of Cover include:
- The latest on the 2020 SEC schedule and when that might come out
- Which UGA players benefit most from the delayed start to the college football season?
- How will the trend of college football players opting out of the season impact Georgia football
You can catch Cover 4 live every week starting at 6 p.m. ET on the DawgNation Facebook and Youtube pages.
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- WATCH: CFP director shares status of playoff field size, New Year’s Six Bowls
- Georgia football podcast: David Pollack says 2020 is UGA’s ‘best shot’ at national championship
- Scott Cochran: What kind of recruiter is he already for Georgia?
- Former Georgia football defensive back headed back to Sunshine State to continue career
- WATCH Will Muschamp: Georgia football ‘safest place’ for son Jackson amid COVID-19 pandemic
- UGA’s 2020 wide receiver room resembles that of past College Football Playoff teams
- College Football Playoff announces changes with schedules rolled back
- DN90: Kirby Smart was willing to give former 5-star recruit what Nick Saban wasn’t
- Georgia football podcast: Buckle up for UGA schedule that could be different than expected