INDIANAPOLIS — For the most part, there have been a lot of great moments and memories for the Georgia football program over the past four seasons. The Bulldogs won a lot of games, three straight SEC titles and a College Football Playoff game.
There have also been some memorable trips and environments, such as the 2018 Rose Bowl win over Oklahoma or either of the two Notre Dame games.
So when we asked some of the 10 Georgia football players participating int he 2020 NFL Combine this week what their favorite memory was from their time at Georgia, they had a lot of great options to choose from.
Some, like both Andrew Thomas and D’Andre Swift, went with the Rose Bowl given the epic ending as well as the overall environment around the game.
Others — such as Solomon Kindley and Jake Fromm — picked out a specific play from one of the first games in their collegiate careers. Both were key members of Georgia’s 2017 team that played in the national championship game against Alabama.
Offensive tackle Isaiah Wilson gave a very specific example and why one win carries more weight than others.
“It felt like all of our hard work had paid off again,” Wilson said of Georgia’s 34-17 win over Kentucky in 2018. “In 2017, everyone just thought it was because we had a bunch of seniors and had a lot of old talent.”
That win clinched the SEC East for Georgia for the second straight season. A long D’Andre Swift touchdown run put the Bulldogs up 28-3 in the third quarter, paving the way to a Georgia victory.
“In 2018, we woke everybody up again and said we’re still here to fight,” Wilson said.
Only LSU and Ohio State sent more players to the NFL combine than the 10 Georgia sent. That number could’ve been even higher but a number of Bulldogs like Richard LeCounte and Eric Stokes elected to return to Georgia for the 2020 season.
The Bulldogs figure to once again be one of the top teams in 2020 when they open the season against Virginia on Sept. 7.
Georgia football players share their favorite memories
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Former Georgia football running backs on Zamir White: ‘He has to be ready to go early’
- Brian Herrien shares a perfect Nick Chubb story that captures Georgia football culture
- Georgia football podcast: Alabama insider floats conspiracy theory about Scott Cochran hire
- Nation’s No. 2 LB Smael Mondon Jr. sees ‘national championship’ future for Georgia
- How college friends Jacob Eason and Jake Fromm didn’t let competition ruin their NFL hopes
- Details of Georgia defensive lineman arrest emerge in UGA Police Department field case report
- Jake Fromm takes center stage at NFL combine, some experts already believers