Georgia set to play Florida State in 2027 and 2028
Georgia has added a number of major conference games in the past year. And now Georgia football has added four more big-time games against ACC powers Clemson and Florida State.
The Bulldogs have agreed to play Florida State in a home-and-home during the 2027 and ’28 seasons. Georgia has added another series against Clemson, as the Bulldogs will play Clemson in 2032 and ’33. The Bulldogs previously scheduled a home-and-home with the Tigers in the ’29 and ’30 seasons, as well as game in Atlanta for the 2024 season.
Georgia will play in Tallahassee on September 4, 2027, and will host the Seminoles in Athens on September 16, 2028. The last time these two teams played was in the 2003 Sugar Bowl game. The Bulldogs came away with a 26-13 win in that game.
“This is a series with history dating back to the early years of FSU football, and I’m glad we are resuming it,” Florida State head coach Willie Taggart said. “These two games will be great for fans of both programs, especially those interested in traveling to experience the atmosphere here in Tallahassee or in Athens, and will give us another opportunity to play in front of our large group of alumni in the state of Georgia.”
The Clemson games are set for Sept. 4, 2032 in Athens, and on Sept. 3, 2033 in Clemson.
Georgia will also play Texas during the ’28 and ’29 seasons as part of a previously scheduled series. The Bulldogs also have future non-conference games set against Virginia (2020), Oregon (2022), UCLA (2025 and 2026). The Oregon and Virginia games will be played in Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta. That means in the 2028 season, Georgia will play Florida State, Texas and Georgia Tech. The Bulldogs are set to play Clemson, Texas and Georgia Tech in 2029.
The last time Georgia and Florida State played a home and home was back in the 1964 and ’65, with the Seminoles winning both of those games. Clemson and Georgia met recently in the 2013 and ’14 seasons. The Bulldogs won in ’14 against the Tigers, with Clemson winning in 2013.
Georgia’s 2019 non-conference opponents include Notre Dame, Murray State, Arkansas State and Georgia Tech. The Bulldogs open the 2019 season against Vanderbilt on Aug. 31.
Best Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Former Georgia running back a big believer in Zamir White’s comeback
- DawgNation Nickel coverage: Which spring Georgia football storyline do fans need to pay more attention to?
- WATCH: Massive Georgia OT Isaiah Wilson real talk on leading, improving, going pro
- Akinola Ogunbiyi: He might be the most interesting young man in the 2020 class
- WATCH Georgia football CB Eric Stokes: ‘Nobody’s job is safe’
- Georgia football podcast: 4-star WR Jermaine Burton honoring former UGA star with commitment date
- Georgia baseball stays put in rankings ahead of top-5 matchup with Vanderbilt
- UGA QB Jake Fromm gets hacked on social media