Georgia football game times, TV networks for Alabama, Florida games announced
The Georgia-Alabama and Georgia-Florida games now have a game time and television network.
The Georgia football-Alabama game will air on CBS and kickoff at 8 p.m. on Oct. 17. The Georgia football-Florida game will also air on CBS and kickoff at 3:30 p.m. on Nov. 7.
— Herb Vincent (@herbvincent) September 1, 2020
Georgia will be playing a 10-game, conference only schedule this season. Georgia’s off-week is set for Oct. 31. Every SEC team will also have to the week of Dec. 12 off as well so schools have the flexibility to move games that had been postponed.
Georgia and Alabama will meet in the regular season for the first time since 2015 and the first time in Tuscaloosa, Ala. since 2007. That is also the last time Georgia beat Alabama. The two sides have played twice since former Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart became the head coach at Georgia. Alabama has won both of those games, as Nick Saban has never lost to one of his former assistants.
Georgia and Alabama are the respective favorites to win their divisions this season, meaning the two would rematch on Dec. 19 in the SEC championship game. The title game will still be played in Atlanta at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
The Bulldogs have had much more success against Florida in recent years, as the Bulldogs have won three-straight against the rival Gators. Both teams are ranked in the top-10 of the AP Poll, with Georgia coming in at No. 4 and Florida at No. 8. Smart has beaten Dan Mullen four straight times, dating back to when Mullen was the head coach at Mississippi State.
The Bulldogs have begun practicing for their first game, as the team held their first scrimmage on Saturday.
“I’m really proud and happy we were able to scrimmage, but just looking at the scrimmage as a whole— we have a long way to go,” Georgia coach Kirby Smart said. “We looked like a team that didn’t go through spring practice. We looked like a team that is young at a lot of positions.
“We were really sloppy, to be honest with you.”
The Bulldogs will hold another scrimmage this coming Saturday.
Georgia football-Alabama week 4 game time, TV Network
Date: Oct. 17
Time: 8 p.m. ET
Location: Tuscaloosa, Ala.,
Georgia football-Florida week 7 game time. TV Network
Date: Nov. 7
Time 3:30 p.m. ET
Location: Jacksonville, Fla.,
Georgia football 2020 schedule
- Sept. 26 at Arkansas — 4 p.m., SEC Network
- Oct. 3 vs. Auburn — 7:30 p.m. ESPN
- Oct. 10 vs. Tennessee
- Oct. 17 at Alabama — 8 p.m., CBS
- Oct. 24 at Kentucky
- Nov. 7 vs. Florida — 3:30 p.m., CBS *game to be played in Jacksonville, Fla
- Nov. 14 at Missouri
- Nov. 21 vs. Mississippi State
- Nov. 28 at South Carolina
- Dec. 5 vs. Vandertbilt
*More details will be added to this story as it develops
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Georgia football players update progress of offense after ‘sloppy’ scrimmage
- Georgia football podcast: One way in which Kirby Smart is like Lebron James
- Georgia football championship mission: 3 takeaways from Scrimmage One of fall camp
- Georgia football stock report: New offense impressed, but scrimmage had distraction, disappointments
- DN90: Former UGA stars’ one-on-one battles creates buzz during NFL training camp
- Kirby Smart: 2020 SEC football championship asterisk means ‘Toughest team there ever was’
- Kirby Smart updates UGA wide receiver situation after Dominick Blaylock injury