Georgia football game times, TV networks for Auburn, Arkansas announced
In addition to knowing the Alabama and Florida game times, Georgia now knows the start times and TV networks for its first two games of the season.
The No. 4 Bulldogs will play Arkansas on Sept. 26 at 4 p.m. on SEC Network. The second game, Georgia’s home-opener against Auburn, is set for 7:30 p.m. ET on ESPN.
Georgia will be seeing a familiar face when it takes on Arkansas, as the Razorbacks will be led by former Georgia offensive line coach Sam Pittman. He had worked under Kirby Smart for the past four seasons.
Arkansas has not won an SEC game since 2017, but with Pittman and former Florida quarterback Feleipe Franks, the Razorbacks might not be a cupcake.
Georgia’s week 2 foe No. 11 Auburn, figures to be a much tougher game. The Bulldogs pulled out a 21-14 win over the Tigers last season, where the Bulldogs ended up clinching the SEC East. Auburn must replace a number of key defensive players such as Derrick Brown but it does bring back starting quarterback Bo Nix. Furthermore, the Tigers also have a new offensive coordinator in Chad Morris.
Georgia is planning to have fans in the Sanford Stadium this year, with the estimated capacity expected to be between 20 and 25 percent.
The Bulldogs will also have a very different looking offense when they take the field, as it will be looking for a new quarterback in either Jamie Newman or JT Daniels. Georgia will also have a new offensive coordinator in Todd Monken.
Georgia held its first scrimmage of the season this past Saturday, but Kirby Smart wasn’t exactly thrilled with what he saw.
“I’m really proud and happy we were able to scrimmage, but just looking at the scrimmage as a whole— we have a long way to go,” Georgia coach Kirby Smart said. “We looked like a team that didn’t go through spring practice. We looked like a team that is young at a lot of positions.”
The Bulldogs will be playing an SEC-only schedule this season, with 10 games. The Bulldogs have an off week on Oct. 31. The SEC Championship game is set for Dec. 19 in Atlanta.
Georgia football-Arkansas week 1 game time, TV Network
Date: Sept. 26
Time: 4 p.m. ET
TV: SEC Network
Location: Fayetteville, Ark.,
Georgia football-Auburn week 2 game time. TV Network
Date: Oct. 3
Time 7:30 p.m. ET
Georgia football 2020 schedule
- Sept. 26 at Arkansas — 4 p.m., SEC Network
- Oct. 3 vs. Auburn — 7:30 p.m. ESPN
- Oct. 10 vs. Tennessee
- Oct. 17 at Alabama — 8 p.m., CBS
- Oct. 24 at Kentucky
- Nov. 7 vs. Florida — 3:30 p.m., CBS *game to be played in Jacksonville, Fla
- Nov. 14 at Missouri
- Nov. 21 vs. Mississippi State
- Nov. 28 at South Carolina
- Dec. 5 vs. Vandertbilt
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Georgia football players update progress of offense after ‘sloppy’ scrimmage
- Georgia football podcast: One way in which Kirby Smart is like Lebron James
- Georgia football championship mission: 3 takeaways from Scrimmage One of fall camp
- Georgia football stock report: New offense impressed, but scrimmage had distraction, disappointments
- DN90: Former UGA stars’ one-on-one battles creates buzz during NFL training camp
- Kirby Smart: 2020 SEC football championship asterisk means ‘Toughest team there ever was’
- Kirby Smart updates UGA wide receiver situation after Dominick Blaylock injury