WATCH: Jake Fromm posts hilarious response to Georgia football workout challenge
Over spring break, a number of Georgia football players made it a point to post their workouts to Twitter, as part of the Do More challenge started by Kirby Smart and strength coach Scott Sinclair. Jake Fromm was not one of those players.
That was until Sunday night, when Fromm posted a video of himself with a pretty large fish he caught at some point over his week off. And Fromm took the opportunity to spin his fishing trip into a workout.
“I’m supposed to be working out instead of fishing,” Fromm said. “Getting a little bit of shoulder prehab in. Also working on a little bit of hand grip and bicep curls. And we’re catching big ones out here boys.”
You can check out Fromm’s full video below. It’s a pretty funny clip from the Georgia quarterback.
— JakefromStateFromm (@FrommJake) March 18, 2019
And it seems safe to say that Fromm did not have any boating related injuries over spring break. Last off-season, Fromm had two different accidents while out on the water. He got a fishing lure stuck in his leg in May, and then broke his non-throwing hand in a wake boarding accident later on in the summer.
Fromm will enter Georgia’s spring practice as the unquestioned starting quarterback for the first time. In each of the last two seasons, Fromm has beaten out 5-star quarterbacks in Jacob Eason and Justin Fields, who have both since transferred. As a sophomore, Fromm threw for 30 touchdowns compared to just 6 interceptions, while leading Georgia football to another top-10 ranking and SEC championship game appearance.
2019 will be a big year for Fromm, as a strong junior season could propel him to become a first round pick in the 2020 NFL Draft. Of course, Fromm’s main goal is to win the SEC East, and then the SEC and then a national championship. And if he does all that, everything will work itself out.
Fromm and the rest of his teammates begin spring practice on Tuesday. The Bulldogs will have their annual spring game on April 20.
Best Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- These five players have the most to gain for Georgia’s spring practice
- Why Georgia-Notre Dame is college football’s most anticipated 2019 game
- WATCH: Freshman pitcher clocked at 100 mph for UGA baseball
- 4 Georgia spring football questions: Running back attack, Heisman for D’Andre Swift?
- 3 Georgia spring football questions for linebacking corps: Most improved unit?
- Back home at UGA, QB Stetson Bennett hopes to get a real shot this time
- DN90: UGA fans should expect an intense recruiting battle for 5-star DE Bryan Bresee