Possible Game time, TV channel announced for Georgia football-Kentucky game
A game time and television network for Georgia’s week 8 game against the Kentucky Wildcats have been announced.
The Bulldogs and Wildcats will play on Oct. 24 and it will be a late kickoff. The game will start at either 7:00 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. and will air on either the SEC Network or ESPN. A final decision will be announced Sunday.
— Southeastern Conference (@SEC) October 12, 2020
Georgia has not lost to Kentucky since Kirby Smart took over as the head coach in 2016. Last season, the Bulldogs came away with a 21-0 win over the Wildcats in a rain-soaked win in Athens.
The Bulldogs are 3-0 to start the season, having picked up wins over Tennessee, Auburn and Arkansas. The Wildcats are 1-2, with losses to Ole Miss and Auburn and a win against Mississippi State.
Georgia has a massive contest this week against the Alabama Crimson Tide. That game, which is set for an 8 p.m. ET kickoff, will be between the No. 2 Crimson Tide and the No. 3 Bulldogs. CBS will air that game.
After the win over Tennessee Smart was asked about preparing for Alabama. But he made sure to look back at what Georgia did against Tennessee before looking ahead.
“A lot of people will brush this game off and try to go to the next one,” Smart said. “You can’t do that because what are they going to do all week? They’re going to watch our tape deeper than we’re going to watch our tape.
“When you go in and watch the tape and move on, they’re watching your tape from Sunday to Friday. So you better watch it and try to anticipate what they’re going to see.”
Kentucky visits Tennessee this weekend. The Bulldogs beat the Volunteers 44-21 this past week.
For full information on the game time and television network, see below.
Georgia football-Kentucky: Game time, TV channel
Game Time: 7 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. ET
TV Channel: ESPN or SEC Network.
Date: Oct. 24
Location: Lexington, Ky.
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Georgia football winners and losers following 44-21 win over Tennessee
- Georgia football beginning Alabama prep by looking back at Tennessee errors
- Georgia stock report: Super sophomores soar, buy-in alert on veteran
- Georgia football gains ground on Alabama in Week 6 AP and Coaches Poll
- Report Card: Georgia aces adjustments and defense in 44-21 win over Tennessee
- What social media is saying after Georgia’s win over Tennessee with Alabama looming
- Georgia football SEC Week 3 roundup: What DawgNation needs to know
- 3 things: Georgia defense special, quarterback needs work, competition at RB
- Kearis Jackson has another strong game while George Pickens is showing ‘silly behavior’