Georgia football-Kentucky Week 8 game time, TV network to be announced Sunday
When Georgia and Kentucky met in 2018, it was a de-facto SEC East championship game. This year’s game, played on Oct. 19 in Athens, will have much lower stakes.
The SEC announced that it will be using a six-day option to determine a game time and television network for the game, meaning it will be announced on Sunday after the conclusion of this week’s games. The game will start at either 3:30 p.m. and air on CBS or at 6 p.m. ET on ESPN.
— Southeastern Conference (@SEC) October 7, 2019
No. 3 Georgia (5-0, 2-0) is coming off a 43-14 road win over Tennessee. The Bulldogs got off to a slow start but scored the final 33 points of the game to put away the Volunteers. Georgia will take on South Carolina this week. That game is set for a 12 p.m. ET start and will air on ESPN.
Kentucky (2-3, 0-3) has dropped three consecutive games since it lost starting quarterback Terry Wilson for the season. The Wildcats nearly upset the Florida Gators at home earlier this year, but since then the wheels have come off for Mark Stoops and company. The Wildcats were off this past week and host Arkansas on Saturday. It might be a match-up between the two worst teams in the SEC.
In 2018, both teams entered with a chance to win the SEC East and punch their respective ticket to Atlanta. However, Georgia put an end to any hope for Kentucky relatively quickly. Thanks to a number of big runs from D’Andre Swift, the Bulldogs were able to jump out to a 28-3 lead in the third quarter before Kentucky added a few scores to make it a more respectable 34-17 margin.
D’Andre Swift had a huge day against the Wildcats last year, as he rolled up 156 rushing yards and 2 touchdowns on just 16 carries.
Since becoming the Georgia head coach, Kirby Smart is 3-0 against Kentucky. When the Wildcats last visited Athens back in 2017, Georgia came away with a resounding 42-13 victory.
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Georgia football winners and losers following Week 6 win over Tennessee
- South Carolina’s Will Muschamp previews Georgia football, starts with Jake Fromm
- WATCH: 3 Georgia football takeaways, newfound ‘Swag’ and intimidation
- WATCH Jake Fromm: ‘just a matter of time’ for Georgia offense at Tennessee
- Georgia football heavily favored over South Carolina in noon showdown
- Where Georgia football ranks in the Week 7 Coaches, AP Poll
- Azeez Ojulari shows why he’s ‘pretty special’ in multi-sack effort against Tennessee
- WATCH Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt after loss to Georgia: ‘We pushed them a little bit’