On Thursday, Georgia football video coordinator Andrew Jeremy Klawsky was discharged from Piedmont Athens Regional Medical Center after spending the past six weeks in the hospital due to COVID-19.
To celebrate Klawsky leaving the hospital, members of the hospital staff from doctors to physicians to administrators performed a Hero Walk, where they all congratulated Klawsky on leaving the hospital while also wishing him well in his recovery. He was greeted outside the hospital, from a safe distance, by a number of Georgia staffers as well.
The moment was captured on video and it was a really scene all around. The Georgia Athletics account tweeted out the video while also thanking all healthcare workers.
This is what victory looks like. This is what hope looks like.
Jeremy Klawsky arrived at Piedmont Athens Regional weeks ago. He was critically ill with COVID-19, but he recovered and was discharged today as hundreds cheered.
Thank you for hundreds of new reasons to hope. pic.twitter.com/zgUEW9YRjB
— Piedmont Healthcare (@PiedmontHealth) April 16, 2020
If there was ever a time to Ring The Bell, it's now! Jeremy Klawsky, our football video coordinator, has been released from @PiedmontHealth after his battle with COVID-19.
Thank you to all of the healthcare workers that took care of him and continue to keep Georgia safe. pic.twitter.com/Q4xydhp6cA
— Georgia Bulldogs (@UGAAthletics) April 16, 2020
“UGAA staff were allowed to participate in this touching ceremony by waiting outside of the hospital to view Jeremy and his family as he exited as a show of support for him as well as the many healthcare workers who participated in his care,” Georgia Director of Sports Medicine Ron Courson said in a statement.
Courson also added that Klawsky will continue to receive therapy as he continues to recover. The video showed that likes of Kirby Smart, strength and conditioning coach Scott Sinclair and athletic director Greg McGarity were all on hand to see Klawsky exit the hospital.
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Georgia coach Kirby Smart explains what to expect on Virtual G-Day
- Georgia football podcast: Kirby Smart highlights possible top ‘playmakers’ in new Todd Monken offense
- Kirby Smart: Georgia QB Jamie Newman ‘knows he has to beat guys out’
- Determining which UGA player would win a Georgia football edition of Survivor
- CFP management committee message: Students must return to campus before football resumes
- Georgia football podcast: Assessing Jamie Newman’s chances of being ‘the next Joe Burrow’
- Where Georgia football 2021 recruiting targets, commits stand in latest rankings update