Georgia fake FG attempt confuses everybody except LSU
Georgia called a fake field goal deep in LSU territory in the first quarter on Saturday, and it surprised everyone except for the Tigers.
Instead of attempting a 31-yard field goal on fourth-and-9, the Bulldogs ran a fake, pitching the ball to kicker Rodrigo Blankenship. It didn’t go well.
At least one LSU fan said he thought Georgia actually made the right call.
His reasoning? The Georgia offense isn’t going to have much trouble moving the ball anyway, so it wouldn’t hurt too much if they didn’t get points on that particular possession.
We’ll see if this fan’s logic holds up. However, LSU made Georgia pay on the following drive, going 84 yards in 12 plays for a touchdown to take a 10-0 lead.
- Georgia football facilities top elite recruits’ rankings, 4 of top 6 from SEC
- Quarterbacks adjusting to Mike Bobo, Brock Bowers a machine, ‘everybody practices at Georgia’
- Another natty brings more goodies to empty Dawgs fans’ wallets
- Georgia football newcomers aim to make early impressions, Kirby Smart reflects on humbling arrival
- The 2 big reasons Austin Blaske could be the starting left tackle for Georgia football in 2023
NextGeorgia football injury report: Bulldogs missing 3 defensive linemen …