Saturday’s 36-17 win over the Florida Gators just got a little sweeter for Georgia fans and ESPN’s Maria Taylor.
After the game, it came out that Taylor and ESPN’s Laura Rutledge had made a friendly wager on the game. Taylor ended up winning that bet and on Sunday, Rutledge—a Florida graduate—donned a black Georgia jersey.
As you can see in the video below, she also called the Dawgs and said, “It’s great to be a Georgia Bulldog.” Which is correct.
— Laura Rutledge (@LauraMRutledge) October 28, 2018
Of course, she ended the video by doing the gator chomp but we’ll leave talk about that on another day. Taylor tweeted on Sunday morning after it came out that Rutledge had lost the bet.
— Maria Taylor (@MariaTaylor) October 28, 2018
The win bumped Georgia up a spot in the AP Poll, as the Bulldogs are now ranked No. 6 in the country, while the loss dropped Florida to No. 13. The Bulldogs will be on the road once again this week as they visit No. 13 Kentucky. The game is essentially and SEC East Championship game, as the winner of the game will represent the SEC East in Atlanta.
Kickoff for the game is set for 3:30 p.m. ET on CBS. The game can also be heard on WSB Radio on either 95.5 FM or 750 AM.
Best stories from around DawgNation
- The best social media reactions from Georgia’s huge win over Florida
- Kirby Smart turns critical eye on Georgia shortcomings after 36-17 win over Florida
- REPORT CARD: No. 7 Georgia Bulldogs pass Florida test with flying colors
- WATCH: Georgia QB Jake Fromm ‘wanted to make statement’ in win over Florida
- Tight end spotting as Georgia’s Isaac Nauta shows up strong vs. Florida
- Florida DL says Gators had ‘better team’ than Georgia despite loss
- WATCH: Georgia’s Kirby Smart proud of ‘resilient’ Bulldogs in 36-17 win over Florida
- WATCH: Kirby Smart has perfect post game celebration after Georgia crushes Florida
- Georgia coach Kirby Smart explains why Justin Fields didn’t play against Florida