WATCH: DawgNation previews Signing Day and Missouri showdown in busy week for Georgia football
After an unexpected week off, the Georgia Bulldogs are set to get back on the field on Saturday. And it will be a ranked matchup against the Missouri Tigers.
The Bulldogs have a chance to close out the season strong after dropping midseason games against Florida and Alabama.
Georgia and Kirby Smart are also dealing with the challenges of having to secure their signing class, as the early signing period begins next week.
“This is unique—we do feel like we have a good understanding of who all is going to sign,” Georgia coach Kirby Smart said. “You communicate and you do that. The problem is if you have a lot of mid-year enrollees, you have to have available spots. Well, that is controlled by a lot of things out of our control—juniors early-out declaring and seniors that have an opportunity to stay.”
The Bulldogs will have to first focus their attention on Missouri, as the Tigers have won five of their last six games. Missouri is led by first-year head coach Eli Drinkwitz. Missouri beat Arkansas 50-48 last week and came in at the No. 25 in the College Football Playoff rankings.
The DawgNation team of Connor Riley, Jeff Sentell, Brandon Adams and Mike Griffith preview what should be a very busy week ahead.
Among the other topics discussed on the show:
- How will Georgia do in signing some of its top targets like Xavian Sorey, Maason Smith and Donavan Edwards ahead of signing day?
- What will Georgia’s roster management look like over the coming weeks?
- Does Georgia need to be on upset alert against No. 25 Missouri?
- What has been the defining moment of Georgia’s season?
- What does the future of the SEC look like as it moves to ESPN, and away from CBS.
Cover 4 Live airs every Thursday on the DawgNaiton Facebook and Youtube channels.
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Georgia’s Netori Johnson, former Top 100 prospect, enters transfer portal
- Brock Vandagriff: 5-star commit has a legacy game against 5-time state champion ELCA
- Kirby Smart examines pros and cons of in-conference transfers as Arik Gilbert drama grows
- SEC announces game time for Georgia-Vanderbilt game
- Georgia football podcast: Updating the latest UGA recruiting rumors ahead of Signing Day
- Warren Ericson discusses replacing injured Trey Hill at center against Missouri
- Vanderbilt ‘fully intends to finish in Athens’ provided healthy outcome vs. Tennessee
- Justin Houston sacks Houston, Matthew Stafford continues to climb NFL record books
- Kirby Smart: Georgia putting together ‘pieces of puzzle’ for early signing day
- What the latest College Football Playoff rankings mean for Georgia football bowl outlook