LOOK: Jamie Newman, JT Daniels strap on the pads at Georgia football practice
Newman arrived in January from Wake Forest, while Daniels transferred from USC in May. Both will be eligible to play this season for the Bulldogs as the two figure to have a fierce quarterback competition, along with the likes of D’Wan Mathis, Carson Beck and Stetson Bennett.
“We have a lot of talent,” Georgia offensive lineman Warren Ericson said of the Bulldogs’ quarterback position. “All of our quarterbacks are great leaders and they’re all stepping up to the plate. Each person is different and it doesn’t take too much adjustment. We just have to do what we do as an offensive line and just keep them off their backs.”
Below you can see some of the action shots from practice, put out by the UGA Sports Communication staff.
Others to be highlighted in photo form include wide receiver Kearis Jackson, wide receiver George Pickens, tight end Tre McKitty and cornerback Eric Stokes.
“My main goal coming into camp was to be a leader and just pull guys with me along because I know myself, and I know how it feels to be brought down,” Jackson said. “I want guys to be able to come in and work hard, play hard and play fast. This fall so far we’ve been doing that on offense and everything has gone pretty smooth.”
The Bulldogs will continue to prepare for their first game of the season, which is set to be on Sept. 26 against Arkansas. The Bulldogs will have 25 practice opportunities prior to the first game, with Georgia getting practice started on Monday.
The Bulldogs had spent the first two days in just helmets. On the fifth practice of the season, Georgia will go full pads, as the Bulldogs only had shoulder pads on for Wednesday’s practice.
— Georgia Football (@GeorgiaFootball) August 20, 2020
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Kearis Jackson: Georgia football offense ‘playing fast … everybody in the right position’
- Georgia football podcast: UGA has already done what rest of SEC will attempt in 2020
- Michael Daugherty: Young All-American in-state DB already ‘loves Georgia’
- Georgia AD Greg McGarity addresses football tailgating, Dawg Walk Florida tickets
- Georgia football players weigh in on new, 10-game SEC schedule
- Georgia football releases plans for home attendance, tickets
- WATCH: Jamie Newman’s first Georgia football highlight throw backs David Pollack’s hype