WATCH: The big winners from Georgia football Pro Day
Going into Wednesday’s Pro Day, Georgia appeared to have one fringe first-round pick. With workouts now complete, it still looks like Georgia has a player that could hear his name called late in the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft.
But it also now has a player that seems like a lock to be taken in the first round. That’s because both Eric Stokes and Azeez Ojulari helped their draft stock immensely.
Stokes ran a 4.25 40-yard dash, backing up what he ran earlier in the month. He also showed off with his 38.5-inch vertical jump. Stokes has aced the predraft process to this point and is pushing hard to be taken late in the first round.
“He’s a high-character young man who has done so much for our program,” Georgia coach Kirby Smart said of Stokes. “People talk about the value he has on the field and the speed and the plays he’s had, but for all those things he’s great at, he’s a lot better person than anything else.”
🔥 4️⃣.2️⃣5️⃣ (unofficial)
— Georgia Football (@GeorgiaFootball) March 18, 2021
As for Ojulari, he put 28 bench press reps while checking in with 34-inch arms. He also ran a 4.58 40 at 249 pounds. His impressive workout comes after leading the SEC in sacks and forced fumbles in 2020.
Ojulari seems like a strong candidate to be one of the first pass rushers taken in the NFL draft.
“When you rank tough players, Azeez Ojulari is really high,” Smart said. “He strikes well with contact. He never shies away. He doesn’t complain when you go full pads – he wants every part of it. He is a high character player off the field.”
Ojulari and Stokes weren’t the only Georgia players who made some money on Wednesday. The DawgNation team of Jeff Sentell, Connor Riley, Brandon Adams and Mike Griffith go deep on the Georgia Pro Day as well as the start of spring practice.
Among some of the other topics discussed:
- Which Georgia players really made the most out of their Pro Day?
- Which Bulldogs have the best chance of ending up in the first round?
- What are some early takeaways from spring practice?
- Which Georgia players can go from good to great?
- Which players need to have a big spring?
- What impact will Will Muschamp have on the Georgia program?
Cover 4 Live airs on Thursday at 7:30 p.m. ET on the DawgNation Facebook and Youtube pages
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Position switch could make Adam Anderson defensive weapon like no other
- Kirby Smart outlines what Kelee Ringo must do this spring for Georgia football
- Georgia football 2021 spring practice updates, injuries and news
- Tyson Campbell, DJ Daniel confident they impressed NFL teams at Georgia Pro Day
- Georgia football podcast: Kirby Smart says UGA offense ‘long way ahead’ compared to 2020
- Under construction: Georgia secondary rebuilding, returning corners getting first shot
- Updated Georgia football roster reveals new numbers for early enrollees, handful of veterans
- Georgia’s Richard LeCounte flashes at Pro Day, ‘told the truth’ to NFL teams
- 3 things from Kirby Smart: Offensive transition, JT Daniels, defensive reload