ATHENS -- Georgia football coach Kirby Smart met with the media in person on Monday at Butts-Mehre Heritage Hall.
The No. 2-ranked Bulldogs play at Vanderbilt at noon on Saturday in Nashville.
-- Smart said linebacker Rian Davis is out for the season with a quad injury suffered in last Monday’s practice that required surgery. Davis was on the punt team and in the top four of the inside linebackers rotation.
- Darnell Washington and Tykee Smith could be back this week
“We haven’t ruled out this weekend, they are back, they were running weight-bearing last week,” Smart said. “We thought all along this would be the target, this week or next.”
Washington and Smith underwent foot surgeries in August.
- Smart said receiver Dominick Blaylock is still dealing with a hamstring but will try to practice on Monday.
- Smart said Kearis Jackson is not yet 100 percent, putting the junior receiver at “90-to-95 percent.”
- Does not rule out future rotation or substitution at quarterback
“It will be based on day-to-day, and how guys play in practice,” Smart said. “Practice matters.
“(Daniels) played with a high proficiency, there were some decisions on boots and nakeds where he has to make better decisions with the ball .... the one pick was late.”
Stetson Bennett entered last Saturday’s game on the third series and also threw an interception. Smart said Bennett was in because he practiced well and deserved to play.
- Georgia expects to practice inside because of the rain
- “Excited to go to Nashville where our fanbase always turns out,” Smart said.