ATHENS —Georgia coach Kirby Smart says he’s not assuming anything about the Bulldogs’ game against UMass this Saturday.
“Coach (Mark) Whipple does a great job and I think the offense has scored 120-something points in the first quarter of games,” Smart said. “They’re really a fast-starting team.”
The Minutemen have scored on eight of their first 11 drives in games this season, including three touchdown drives of 2 minutes or less.
UMass jumped out to a 10-0 lead on BYU last Saturday before falling, 35-16.
“Defensively, they don’t have great statistics,” Smart said, “but they’ve got kids who play really hard, they play physical; they’ve got a good football team.”
Georgia football-UMass details
• Time: The game kicks off at 4 p.m. ET Saturday
• Date: Nov. 17, 2018
• Location: Sanford Stadium, Athens
• Weather forecast: Mostly sunny, a high of 63 and a low of 38, kickoff temperature expected to be 60 degrees
Georgia football odds
• Line: Georgia opened as a 43 1/2-point favorite
More DawgNation Georgia football coverage
• Watch: Brandon Adams and Jeff Sentell on the postgame show via DawgNation Facebook page.
How to watch Georgia-UMass on TV
The Georgia-Auburn game will be televised on SEC Network. Taylor Zarzour will handle the play-by-play call, Matt Stinchcomb will provide analysis. Laura Rutledge is the sideline reporter.
How to stream Georgia-UMass football
The game can be streamed online at GTV on georgiadogs.com.
Where to find Georgia-UMass on radio
The game will be broadcast on WSB 95.5 FM, 750 AM, along with other Georgia Bulldog Sport Network (IMG) radio affiliates. Scott Howard is on the play-by-play call, Eric Zeier is the color analyst, and Chuck Dowdle is the sideline reporter.
Satellite radio for Georgia football vs. UMass
The game will be broadcast on Sirius channel 99 and XM channel 190 (Georgia broadcast).
Georgia-UMass football game notes
• The Georgia 2018 seniors are 40-11, tied for the fifth-most number of wins by a class in school history. The 2005 class went 44-9 to set the record.
• UMass receiver Andy Isabella is one of 11 finalists for the Biletnikoff Award, his 1,479 yards receiving tops among FBS players according to the Minutemen game notes.
• Kicker Rodrigo Blankenship has 152 career touchbacks and is closing in on the school record held by Kevin Butler (169).
• UMass averages more passing yards per game (299.1) than Georgia (221.5).
• Georgia averages more yards rushing (240.7) than UMass (142.8).