Georgia football couldn’t hold a regular G-Day this weekend due to the outbreak of COVID-19. So it did the next best thing in hosting a Virtual G-Day.
And between Kirby Smart’s efforts and fan participation, the event proved to be a success on multiple levels. At the very least, it allowed everyone to escape for a few hours and enjoy the Georgia football program.
In the video below, DawgNation’s Connor Riley talks why things worked out so well for the program and what some of the long-term benefits from this weekend could end up being for Smart and the Bulldogs.
We also spend a good amount of time discussing the upcoming NFL draft. The 2020 NFL Draft begins on Thursday with the first round.
The Bulldogs figure to be very well represented throughout the event. Andrew Thomas seems like a lock to go in the first round of this year’s draft, as some even see him as the top offensive tackle in the draft.
Isaiah Wilson and D’Andre Swift could also possibly be first-round picks. Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm figures to be a selection on the second day of the draft during the second and third rounds. The final day on Saturday should see Rodrigo Blankenship, J.R. Reed and Solomon Kindley all have their names called.
Riley wraps up the video by taking your questions and discussing some other ins and outs of the Georgia football program.
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Numbers show why George Pickens will be major key in unlocking Jamie Newman, new Georgia offense
- Georgia football 2021 offensive line recruiting will rely heavily on in-state talent
- NFL expert: Two Georgia first-round picks, but not the ones you’d expect
- Georgia football podcast: Jake Fromm offers advice to new UGA QBs
- WATCH: Eli Wolf details fascinating journey from Tennessee to Georgia
- Micah Morris: His ‘Before the Hedges’ interview details an August 2019 silent commitment