Georgia football: How do the Bulldogs move forward after the Jake Fromm decision?
DawgNation has four staffers who cover Georgia football from every angle: Beat, live streams, photos, podcasts, recruiting, etc. The “Cover 4” concept is: 1) Present a topic; 2) Offer a reasoned response; 3) Share a brisk statement on that opinion. 4) Pepper the page with photos for the big picture. For this edition, we discuss what happens next offensively for the Bulldogs after the Jake Fromm move to the NFL.
DawgNation continues with the “Cover 4” concept. The focus is always a timely look with each of our guys manning the secondary on a pertinent topic.
The quick in-and-out game remains. It is designed to come out quicker than former Bulldog Nick Chubb scored his third touchdown against the Baltimore Ravens earlier this year.
The latest “Cover 4” question is of the fill-in-the-blank variety:
How does Georgia football now move forward after the Jake Fromm decision?
Brandon Adams: Ask some tough questions.
The “why” from “DawgNation Daily” here: “UGA needs to figure out why the Fromm era ended prematurely, and whether the Bulldogs offense is something players with options want to be part of — whether that’s elite recruits or juniors considering the NFL.”
Mike Griffith: Kirby Smart goes into scramble mode for a graduate transfer quarterback.
The “why” from “On the Beat” here: “A new quarterback is needed to lead an offense that must simplify to assure execution and efficiency above all else while paired with a championship-level defense.“
Connor Riley: Land a graduate transfer quarterback
The “why” from “Good Day UGA” here: “Georgia needs to add a quarterback to the roster, preferably one with starting experience. KJ Costello has that dating back to his time at Stanford. While he battled injuries this past season, his 2018 season was a strong one. He can do a lot of the same things Fromm can and has a stronger arm.“
Jeff Sentell: Seize an opportunity
The Intel here: “I think of that Kurt Russell as Herb Brooks line here from the “Miracle” movie about the U.S. hockey team in the 1980 Winter Olympics. That would be the ‘great moments are born from great opportunity’ quote. Georgia, with the right grad transfer QB, can supercharge its offense with a live arm and maybe a bonus dual-threat to blend with all the explosive new weapons on offense. This offense likely won’t go full-blown LSU, but it can take a size-16 step in that direction.”
The “Cover 4” topics of late:
- What is the biggest UGA vs. LSU matchup of the SEC title game?
- The most pro-UGA stat to pay attention to versus LSU
- The way Georgia beats LSU is …..
- How much will the first-half suspension of George Pickens hurt?
- What’s the desired outcome for the Alabama-LSU game?
- Who is coaching Georgia when Ohio State comes to town in 2030?
- The Florida Gators who can do the most damage against Georgia are …
- Name the Bulldog who delivers a key supporting role against Florida
- What’s the big area where the Bulldogs must “do more” to beat Florida?
- Cover 4: What will Georgia’s record look like at the end of the regular season?
- What is the toughest game left on the schedule?
- What is the biggest edge that Georgia will have on Notre Dame?
- Who has already opened our eyes after just two games?
- What is your take on the legendary Vince Dooley?
- Who has the biggest day against Murray State?
- The most improved Bulldog since last season is ….
- A few big non-score predictions for Georgia-Vanderbilt
- Which returning Bulldogs impressed the most in fall camp?
- The players set to become the new fan favorites for 2019 are ….
- What will convince you the Bulldogs are throwing the ball more this fall?
- What kind of numbers will D’Andre Swift put up in 2019?
- Jake Fromm’s best quality? The Cover 4 crew chops that one up