DawgNation has four staffers who cover Georgia football from every angle: Beat, live streams, photos, podcasts, recruiting, etc. The “Cover 4” concept is: 1) Present a topic; 2) Offer a reasoned response; 3) Share a brisk statement on that opinion. 4) Pepper the page with photos for the big picture. For this edition, we discuss the big matchups to pay attention to for Saturday’s Georgia-LSU game.
DawgNation continues with the “Cover 4” concept. The focus is always a timely look with each of our guys manning the secondary on a pertinent topic.
The quick in-and-out game remains. It is designed to come out quicker than former Bulldog Nick Chubb scored his third touchdown against the Baltimore Ravens earlier this year.
The latest “Cover 4” question is of the fill-in-the-blank variety:
What is the one matchup which will largely decide the SEC Championship game?
Brandon Adams: The UGA secondary vs. LSU WR Ja’Marr Chase
The “why” from “DawgNation Daily” here: “It’s not easy to identify LSU’s best receiver, but Chase might win the Biletnikoff Award. The Bulldogs also faced the Biletnikoff winner in last year’s SEC championship game and held Alabama’s Jerry Jeudy to three catches for 24 yards (including a touchdown).”
Mike Griffith: Georgia offensive line vs. LSU defensive front
The “why” from “On the Beat” here: “Georgia has to run the ball effectively on first down to have success against the LSU defense.“
Connor Riley: Clyde Edwards-Helaire vs Georgia’s linebackers
The “why” from “Good Day UGA” here: “Edwards-Helaire has been phenomenal this year. When Georgia saw him in 2018, he rolled up 145 yards on the Bulldogs. Georgia’s group of linebackers have to be better and win that matchup for the Bulldogs to win the game.“
Jeff Sentell: Kirby Smart, Dan Lanning, J.R. Reed and Richard LeCounte III versus Joe Burrow, Joe Brady and Steve Ensminger.
The Intel here: “Plays + players. That’s the winning equation here. Can Lanning and Smart make the calls that lead to big stops on the back end from Reed and LeCounte? If so, the Bulldogs can limit the LSU quarterback and the game plans laid in place by Brady (passing game coordinator) and Ensminger (offensive coordinator) which have transformed LSU football in 2019.”
The “Cover 4” topics of late:
- The most pro-UGA stat to pay attention to versus LSU
- The way Georgia beats LSU is …..
- How much will the first-half suspension of George Pickens hurt?
- What’s the desired outcome for the Alabama-LSU game?
- Who is coaching Georgia when Ohio State comes to town in 2030?
- The Florida Gators who can do the most damage against Georgia are …
- Name the Bulldog who delivers a key supporting role against Florida
- What’s the big area where the Bulldogs must “do more” to beat Florida?
- Cover 4: What will Georgia’s record look like at the end of the regular season?
- What is the toughest game left on the schedule?
- What is the biggest edge that Georgia will have on Notre Dame?
- Who has already opened our eyes after just two games?
- What is your take on the legendary Vince Dooley?
- Who has the biggest day against Murray State?
- The most improved Bulldog since last season is ….
- A few big non-score predictions for Georgia-Vanderbilt
- Which returning Bulldogs impressed the most in fall camp?
- The players set to become the new fan favorites for 2019 are ….
- What will convince you the Bulldogs are throwing the ball more this fall?
- What kind of numbers will D’Andre Swift put up in 2019?
- Jake Fromm’s best quality? The Cover 4 crew chops that one up