Georgia great Thomas Davis signs extension with Panthers, says it ‘probably’ will be his last contract
Thomas Davis had a standout career at the University of Georgia and, despite some major injuries, has had a very strong career in the NFL.
On Tuesday Davis signed a one-year contract extension with the Carolina Panthers, keeping him tied to the team that drafted him 14th overall in 2005. The team made the announcement on Twitter.
Davis is aware of and thinking logically about the end of his career, but it’s not something that he’s dwelling on. He wants to focus on football.
“I would venture to say that this will probably be my last contract,” he said. “I’m excited about signing it and am just really looking forward to what this season holds for this team.”
- Justin Greene commitment a much-needed win for Georgia football defensive line recruiting
- Ladd McConkey already generating national media buzz entering 2023 season
- Sammy Brown commitment shows Georgia is still going to do battle with Clemson
- What social media is saying following Georgia’s massive recruiting weekend
- Richard Seymour, Garrison Hearst nominated for College Football Hall of Fame
NextGeorgia practice report: Bulldogs without freshman offensive player