The resurgence of Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm and the Bulldogs’ pass game was the key to breaking down the Florida defense, and it figures to be pivotal once again at Kentucky.
Fromm’s biggest gain last week was his efficiency against the blitz against the Gators after struggling in the face of LSU’s pressure two weeks before.
Georgia coach Kirby Smart said pass protection work would be stressed during the bye week, and the improvement was noticeable; Fromm was sacked just once in Jacksonville.
Fromm was 17-of-24 passing for 240 yards and three touchdowns against Florida — and 10-of-12 passing for 121 yards and a touchdown when blitzed.
UGA offensive coordinator Jim Chaney had much to do with the success, designing an ideal play package and dialing up well-time play calls in the 36-17 win.
The LSU pressure triggered some changes, as Tim Tebow shared ESPN analytics that reflected LSU blitzed from 11 times and he completed just two passes under those circumstances in the 36-16 loss in Baton Rouge.
Georgia football-Kentucky details
• Time: The game kicks off at 3:30 p.m. ET Saturday
• Date: Nov. 3, 2018
• Location: Kroger Field, Lexington, Ky.
• Weather forecast: Mostly sunny, a high of 58 and a low of 39. Kickoff temperature is expected to 56.
DawgNation Georgia football coverage
• Watch: Brandon Adams and Jeff Sentell on the postgame show via DawgNation Facebook page.
How to watch Georgia-Kentucky on TV
The Georgia-Kentucky game will be televised on the CBS Network. Carter Blackburn will handle the play-by-play call, Rick Neuheisel and Aaron Taylor will provide analysis. John Schriffen is the sideline reporter.
How to stream Georgia-Kentucky football
The game can be streamed online at GTV on georgiadogs.com.
Where to find Georgia-Kentucky on radio
The game will be broadcast on WSB 95.5 FM, 750 AM, along with other Georgia Bulldog Sport Network (IMG) radio affiliates. Scott Howard is on the play-by-play call, Eric Zeier is the color analyst, and Chuck Dowdle is the sideline reporter.
Satellite radio for Georgia football vs. Kentucky
The game will be broadcast on Sirius channel 81 and XM channel 81 (Georgia broadcast).
Georgia-Kentucky football game notes
• Georgia rallied for a 27-24 win over Kentucky its most recent trip to Lexington (2016)
• Kentucky has not allowed more than 20 points to an opponent this season
• The Wildcats lead the nation in scoring defense, allowing 13 points per game
• The winner of the game wins the SEC East and plays in the Dec. 1 SEC Championship Game