ATHENS — The media was permitted to see two periods, totaling about 12 minutes, of Georgia’s practice on Wednesday afternoon. Some notes:
- There was no obvious quarterback pecking order, although Jacob Eason did go with the ones during a drill just as the viewing period ended. (The previous period ended 45 seconds early, leaving the media on the field, before being herded into busses.)
- During the other media viewing period, Eason, Greyson Lambert and Brice Ramsey were three-spotting in a passing drill. Why do we mention that? Because it’s the quarterbacks, that’s why. But no, it didn’t mean anything.
- Junior tailback Sony Michel is still in a black non-contact jersey, as he’s been since the start of preseason.
- Redshirt freshman tackle Pat Allen was back in a regular jersey after not participating earlier in the week.
- In the team’s dime package, junior Aaron Davis – who started at safety against North Carolina – shifted down to corner, with Quincy Mauger joining the lineup at safety. The rest of the secondary was the usual starters: Dominick Sanders at safety, Maurice Smith at nickel, Juwuan Briscoe and Malkom Parrish at cornerback.
- Among those with the second-team dime defense were Rico McGraw at corner and Mecole Hardman at corner.
- The first-team offensive remains the same that started against North Carolina: Tyler Catalina at left tackle, Isaiah Wynn at left guard, Brandon Kublanow at center, Lamont Gaillard at right guard, Greg Pyke at right tackle.