ATHENS — An afternoon of mistakes added up to Georgia football falling to South Carolina in shocking fashion.
The No. 3-ranked Bulldogs (5-1) lost to the Gamecocks (3-2) 20-17 in double-overtime before a crowd of 92,746 at Sanford Stadium on Saturday.
Rodrigo Blankenship missed wide left from 42 yards out in the second overtime, and South Carolina players stormed the field.
It was not a day for Jake Fromm’s scrapbook. He was 28-of-51 for 295 yards, his worst day as the UGA quarterback with three interceptions and a lost fumble.
Fromm was off-target most of the day. His first interception a Pick-6 in the first half that led to South Carolina’s 17-10 halftime lead.
South Carolina had a chance to win in the first overtime, but Parker White missed a 33-yard field goal.
The loss snapped Georgia’s a 16-game home win streak and 15-game win streak against SEC East Division teams entering Saturday’s home game against South Carolina.
The last home loss was in 2016, 28-27 to Georgia Tech, and the last SEC East Division loss was 24-10 to Florida in 2016.
• Tyler Clark had two big hits behind the line of scrimmage in OTs, stopping South Carolina on a third-and-goal at the 2, and earlier, stopping the Gamecocks on a third-and-1.
• Demetris Robertson with a huge first-down catch on third-and-8 at the South Carolina 26 with 3 1/2 minutes left.
• Eli Wolf drew a defensive holding with his fourth-down route, sustaining the game-tying TD drive with 1:53 left.
• George Pickens had a big 33-yard catch to ignite a drive in late third quarter. Earlier, Pickens had a 6-yard catch on third-and-3 at UGA 27, down 17-10 in third quarter.
• Lawrence Cager had three first-down catches on third-down throws from Jake Fromm before leaving the game at the half with an injured shoulder.
• Jake Camarda had a career-long 66-yard punt and averaged 57.7 on the day.
• Dominick Blaylock handled some pressure-packed fair-catches on punt return in addition to his 15-yard fourth-quarter catch and 11-yard first-half catch to the SC 4 that set up UGA’s first TD.
• Another workmanlike performance from D’Andre Swift. Swift had 23 carries for 113 yards and 2 catches for 8 yards.
• Zamir White showed poise with his third down catch in the fourth quarter, converting with a 15-yard gain. White had 12 carries for 44 yards.
• Fromm had his roughest outing of the season, his first interception going 53 yards the other way for a Pick 6 that led to Carolina’s 17-10 halftime lead.
• Divaad Wilson got beat on Bryan Edwards 46-yard TD pass in the first quarter and missed an open-field tackle on a first-and-15 that enabled South Carolina to extend drive and run time off clock.
• J.R. Reed missed on a QB sack in the fourth quarter after having a clear shot on QB Dakereon Joyner. Potential momentum-changing play.
• Pass Protection: Fromm was sacked a season-high three times.
• Michail Carter was offsides in overtime, giving South Carolina a second-and-goal at the UGA 3.
• Ben Cleveland hold negated a 19-yard James Cook run in third quarter.