Would you like to receive DawgNation news alerts? Excellent! News alerts will be displayed in your browser.
DawgNation file photo
Georgia football fans have been traveling like few other fanbases, but they won't have to go far to see the Bulldogs play in the SEC Championship Game.

Ticket data measures Georgia fans vs. LSU fans at SEC Championship Game, prices falling

ATHENS — Georgia is expected to have a home field advantage of sorts in the SEC Championship Game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, according to ticket data provided by Vividseats.com.

But it will be up to the No. 4-ranked Bulldogs (11-1) to give their fans something to cheer about against No. 2-ranked LSU (12-0) when the game kicks off at 4 p.m. on Saturday (TV: CBS).

The VividSeats fan forecast on Wednesday called for 69 percent of the crowd to be cheering for Georgia, with the remaining 31 percent rooting for the favored Tigers.

LSU coach Ed Orgeron said the Tigers expect plenty of purple and gold support, but he’s aware the UGA fans will make their presence felt.

Everywhere we go, we’ve had great fans, but we will treat this as an away game,” said Orgeron, whose team will arrive in Atlanta on Thursday. “We will have crowd noise on Tuesday, Wednesday. Be very well-prepared for all the Georgia fight songs they’ll play on our field all week.”

SeatGeek released data on Tuesday indicating the SEC Championship Game ticket was the most expensive, on average, of all the league championship games being held this weekend.

According to SeatGeek, the average ticket price was $572 — and that’s after dropping 30 percent in the last two weeks.

It’s the cheapest the average SEC Championship Game ticket has been the past three years.

Last year’s average ticket price for the matchup pitting Alabama and Georgia was $694.

The year before, when it was the Bulldogs against Auburn, the average ticket was $819.

SeatGeek indicates 46 percent of the ticket buyers for this year’s SEC Championship Game are from the state of Georgia, 12 percent are from Louisiana, 9 percent are from Texas and another 5 percent are from Florida.

Georgia football DawgNation

Georgia safety J.R. Reed puts LSU challenge into perspective

LSU coach Ed Orgeron brings great confidence into matchup

Georgia aware of Tigers dangerous running back

Kirby Smart relays how LSU represents greatest challenge

James Cook could provide offensive spark vs. LSU

Statistical comparison of Georgia-LSU in SEC title game

VIDEO: Kirby Smart shares feelings on George Pickens

WATCH: Jake Fromm zeroes in on LSU