ATHENS — Will Georgia football break out black jerseys for the homecoming night game with Vanderbilt?
Bulldogs senior receiver Jayson Stanley said he hasn’t heard of such a plan, but he would be good with it.
“I would personally want to see that happen, that would be pretty cool,” Stanley said. “(But) I have no idea.”
Georgia has different captains appointed each week, but they presumably do not have any control or influence over the uniform of choice.
“As far as I know, that’s Coach (Kirby) Smart,” Stanley said. “He hasn’t said anything about it. I don’t think that will come out.”
Georgia football-Vanderbilt details
• Time: The game kicks off at 7:30 p.m. ET Saturday
• Date: Oct. 6, 2018
• Location: Sanford Stadium, Athens, Ga.
• Weather forecast: Isolated thunderstorms, 10-percent chance of rain, a high of 90 and a low of 68.
DawgNation Georgia football coverage
• Watch: Brandon Adams and Jeff Sentell on the postgame show via DawgNation Facebook page.
How to watch Georgia-Vanderbilt on TV
The Georgia-Vanderbilt game will be televised on SEC Network. Tom Hart will handle the play-by-play call and Jordan Rodgers will provide analysis. Cole Cubelic is the sideline reporter.
How to stream Georgia football vs. Vanderbilt
The game can be streamed online at GTV on georgiadogs.com.
Where to find Georgia-Vanderbilt on radio
The game will be broadcast on WSB 95.5 FM, 750 AM, along with other Georgia Bulldog Sport Network (IMG) radio affiliates. Scott Howard is on the play-by-play call, Eric Zeier is the color analyst, and Chuck Dowdle is the sideline reporter.
Satellite radio for Georgia football vs. Vanderbilt
The game will be broadcast on Sirius and XM channel 81 (Georgia broadcast).
Georgia-Vanderbilt football game notes
• Georgia has two players from the state of Tennessee on their roster, Vanderbilt has 15.
• Georgia has 93 players on its roster from the state of Georgia, Vanderbilt has 11.
• The Bulldogs and Arkansas are the only two SEC teams to play first two league games on road.
• The Bulldogs have opened the scoring in all three SEC games with fumble returns or advancements for touchdowns.
• Jake Fromm is 17-2 as a starter.
• Georgia is averaging 43.2 points per game and is on pace to set the school record for scoring average held by the 2012 Bulldogs (37.8 ppg).
• The Bulldogs have won nine of their past 10 homecoming games, the loss coming to Vanderbilt in 2016 (17-16). The Commodores have been the opponent in four of those games.
Georgia football vs. Vanderbilt