A game time and television channel have been announced for Georgia’s week 6 game against the Vanderbilt Commodores.
The game, which will be played on Oct. 6 in Athens, will kickoff at either 7 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. and the game will air on either ESPN, ESPN2 or the SEC Network. A TV time and TV channel will be finalized after Saturday’s games.
— Southeastern Conference (@SEC) September 24, 2018
The No. 2 Georgia Bulldogs beat Missouri 43-29 on Saturday to improve to 4-0 on the season and 2-0 in SEC play. While it wasn’t the best effort from Georgia, the Bulldogs still maintained their spot in both the AP Poll and the Coaches Poll, where the Bulldogs are ranked No. 3.
Vanderbilt is coming off a 37-14 loss to South Carolina, a team that Georgia beat handily on the road earlier this year. Vanderbilt hosts Tennessee State on Saturday while Georgia gets a visit from SEC East rival Tennessee. The Georgia-Tennessee game kicks off at 3:30 p.m. ET on CBS on Saturday.
When Georgia and Vanderbilt met last season, the Bulldogs jumped out to a big early lead and coasted to a 45-14 win over the Commodores in Nashville. But when the two teams met in Athens back in 2016, it was Vanderbilt who came away with a 17-16 win over the Bulldogs. On Georgia’s final offensive play of that game, wide receiver Isaiah McKenzie was stonewalled on fourth down.
The Commodores are 2-2 on the season, as they have dropped their last two games to No. 8 Notre Dame and South Carolina. Vanderbilt is led by quarterback Kyle Shurmur. Last season, the Vanderbilt quarterback threw for 26 touchdowns compared to just 10 interceptions. Through four games this year he’s completed 59 percent of his passes while throwing 6 touchdowns to just 2 interceptions.
Georgia-Vanderbilt: Game time, TV channel for Week 6 game
Game time: 7 p.m. or 7:30 p.m.
TV Channel: ESPN, SEC Network or ESPN2
Best stories from around DawgNation
- Winners and Losers after Georgia’s sluggish win over Missouri
- Missouri QB Drew Lock: ‘We beat ourselves’ in 43-29 loss to Georgia
- Freshman report on UGA football: Georgia 43, Missouri 29
- Georgia stays at No. 2 in AP Poll
- Georgia football: 5 things moving forward, red flags, orange alert
- Georgia coach Kirby Smart shares halftime message of 43-29 win
- Chip Towers Georgia football report card for Missouri
- Ben Cleveland among 4 Georgia football starters knocked out of Missouri game