Possible Georgia-Tennessee game time, TV Network for Oct. 10 game announced
A possible game time and television network has been announced for Georgia’s Oct. 10 game against the Tennessee Volunteers. The game will either start at 3:30 p.m. ET and air on CBS or 12 p.m. and air on ESPN. The other game the SEC is considering is the Florida-Texas A&M. A final decision will be announced on Sunday.
— Southeastern Conference (@SEC) September 28, 2020
It’s been quite an offseason between these two programs, due in large part to the drama surrounding transfer offensive lineman Cade Mays. The former Bulldog announced in January that he would be transferring back to Knoxville, Tenn., where he is from. Mays’ brother also plays for the Volunteers.
Mays has been granted eligibility by the NCAA to play this year but the SEC has yet to grant Mays the ability to play. This has led to many comments made by lawyers and even in press conferences by Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt.
This will be the third time Pruitt and Kirby Smart have met as head coaches. The Bulldogs have won the previous two meetings between, including a 43-14 win in Knoxville, Tenn., last season. Pruitt and Smart are both former Alabama defensive coordinators.
Both Tennessee and Georgia are coming off Week 1 road wins, as Georgia won 37-10 at Arkansas. The Volunteers hung on for a 31-27 road win over the South Carolina Gamecocks.
Georgia’s opponent this week is the No. 7 Auburn Tigers. The game will air at 7:30 p.m. ET on ESPN. Tennessee plays Missouri this weekend.
Georgia-Tennessee game time, TV Network
Game Time: Either 3:30 p.m. or 12 p.m. ET
TV Network: CBS or ESPN
Date: Oct. 10
Location: Athens, Ga.
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Georgia football winners and losers from season-opening win against Arkansas
- Stock Report: Jake Camarda among Georgia players worth weight in gold
- Vegas projects Georgia football rivalry game with Auburn to be tight
- UGA drops below Florida in Week 4 Coaches Poll, AP Poll after Arkansas performance
- What social media is saying about Georgia football 37-10 win over Arkansas
- Georgia-Arkansas football report card: Second-half surge raises bar
- ESPN College GameDay returns to Athens for Georgia-Auburn Top 10 showdown
- Georgia football defense will need to ‘build the rest of our team up and grow our team’
- Game Ball: Stetson Bennett delivers, ‘Mailman’ bails out Bulldogs
- Georgia football instant observations in Bulldogs’ 37-10 win over Arkansas