Good day, UGA. Welcome to your one-stop shop for all the relevant UGA football news and takes every Monday through Friday. In today’s (brief) edition, we talk about all the Georgia football things for which we’re thankful.
Happy Thanksgiving. Give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right. Let’s get together and feel all right.
Georgia fans should be thankful for …
Since today is Thanksgiving, I figured I’d eschew from the traditional analysis/nonsense you see in this space for a little Turkey Day tradition. Before Thanksgiving dinner in my family, we go around and everyone says something they are thankful for, as I’m sure many of you do with your families. So, today, I’m going to list some things Georgia fans can be thankful for today.
- Be thankful for all the wonderful players on the roster who decided they wanted to play for Georgia. Without them, Georgia football is nothing.
- Be thankful Jacob Eason stuck with his commitment after Mark Richt left. It would’ve been hard to blame him if he did, but he stayed true to his pledge and is gonna be one helluva quarterback for the Dawgs the next few years.
- Be thankful for Sanford Stadium. There are few things as thrilling as watching a game between the hedges.
- Be thankful Mo Smith transferred from Alabama for his final college season. His inclusion in the secondary has made that unit a well-oiled machine, and I have a feeling his influence on it will linger for years to come.
- Be thankful Roquan Smith wasn’t conned into a college career at UCLA. He’s already an outstanding linebacker, and he’ll only get better a year or two.
- Be thankful great tailbacks such as Nick Chubb and Sony Michel play at Georgia. Because of them, and the guys who came before them, Georgia has a pipeline at tailback, and it isn’t gonna want for talent at that position for a long time.
- Be thankful for Uga. He’s a good dog.
- Be thankful you aren’t a Tennessee fan.
- Be thankful you aren’t a Florida fan.
- Be thankful you aren’t an Auburn fan.
- Be thankful you aren’t a Georgia Tech fan.
- Be thankful you’re a Georgia Bulldog.
If you aren’t drunk on turkey yet, leave what you’re thankful for in the comments.
When the tryptophan has me dead to the world …
But someone busts out a pumpkin pie.
- Georgia’s bowl situation includes one very interested in Bulldogs (Seth Emerson, Dawg Nation)
- Bulldogs remember ‘pain’ after Georgia Tech loss in 2014 (Cy Brown, Dawg Nation)
- Opposing View: Jackets really want to take down the Dogs (Chip Towers, Dawg Nation)
- ‘No carryover this week’ when it comes to preparing for Georgia Tech’s triple-option (Jason Butt, Macon Telegraph)
- Former Bulldog Brandon Boykin congratulates Isaiah McKenzie on breaking his record (Jason Butt, Macon Telegraph)
- Sentell’s Intel: 5-star OT Isaiah Wilson shares his current thoughts on Georgia (Jeff Sentell, Dawg Nation)
- UGA hires Josh Brooks as executive associate director of athletics (Eric Russell, Dawg Nation)
- Augusta National chairman Billy Payne’s grandson among 2 recruits to sign with Georgia golf (Connor Smolensky, Dawg Nation)
- The Techies You Meet on Stingtalk (MaconDawg, Dawg Sports)
My family is always a bunch of animals at the Thanksgiving table.
One love, y’all.