ATHENS — Georgia coach Kirby Smart said the offense got the better of the defense in Scrimmage Two at Sanford Stadium on Saturday, and the highlight reel confirmed it.
Junior J.J. Holloman continues to emerge as a star-in-the-making for the Bulldogs, going up over sticky cover corner Eric Stokes to make yet another leaping grab this spring.
Holloman went over Stokes for a touchdown in previous highlight footage released, too.
The Georgia football film crew highlights also showed Fromm connecting with Matt Landers and Demetris Robertson on well-thrown passes.
“I thought Matt Landers made a couple of plays, which he did last scrimmage,” Smart said in his Saturday press conference. “I thought D-Rob made a couple of plays.”
— Georgia Football (@FootballUGA) April 13, 2019
In another highlight, 6-foot-6 quarterback D’Wan Mathis stood tall in the pocket and connected with tight end Charlie Woerner on a touchdown pass.
Tailback James Cook showed some shifty moves on a run play in the highlight package as Nolan Smith’s No. 4 jersey was seen coming around the edge.
There were some on-one-one hitting drills, too, but not all numbers were discernible outside of the Andrew Thomas versus Malik Herring matchup.
DawgNation spring football
- How’d Week 4 Top 10 opponent Notre Dame look in its spring game?
- Herbstreit has thoughts on James Coley
- Freshman QB D’Wan Mathis being led by Jake Fromm
- D’Andre Swift ready for ‘exotic looks’ on offense
- All business, Andrew Thomas leads the way
- Nate McBride is doing just fine at linebacker
- Azeez Ojulari having strong spring at OLB