CLOVIS, Calif. — If you watch Kendall Milton’s commitment video, it’s pretty obvious how much his family means to him.
The video frequently references the importance of his family. The song playing underneath was written by his cousin — who happens to be an Alabama fan. And the ending of the video features Kendall celebrating with his extended family, with everyone draped in Georgia gear.
That family feel is part of the reason why Milton ended up picking Georgia, among other things.
“They took the time and effort to let us know about that they did the homework about the family,” Chris Milton, Kendall’s father, said. “And it has been consistent with how they’ve acted since I first met Dell McGee on Buchanan’s (High School) campus.”
Kendall’s father gave another reason that made Georgia really stand out for the nation’s No. 22 overall player.
“There are some programs in the country you can go to and you can go, ‘You know I play college football,’ ” Chris Milton said. “There are other programs where you can say ‘You know, I play D-1 ball,’ and then there is a handful of programs that you go to where you go to and you can say, ‘This is a stepping stone because you are going somewhere else,’ and this is one of those programs.”
Kendall Milton ranks as the No. 4 running back in the 2020 class. He’s just the latest 5-star running back to join up with the Georgia program, as Nick Chubb, Sony Michel, D’Andre Swift and Zamir White have all done so in recent memory.
Of those 5-star running backs mentioned, only Chubb came from the state of Georgia. Milton became the first high school prospect from the state of California to commit to Georgia in the Kirby Smart era.
There are nearly 2,400 miles between Milton’s high school stadium in Clovis, Calif., and Sanford Stadium.
And Milton did admit that the hardest thing about leaving the state of California, will be that distance between his old home and his future home.
“I’m here with them every day and we have these great talks, ” Milton said. “They’re basically there every time I need them. So when I go away, it’ll be a little different.”
“But I’m not going out there by myself there with no resources. I still those resources to help me out when I need it.”
The Milton family did say that they plan on making to at least one game this fall, possibly the Notre Dame game.
And the family is just as excited to see Milton attack the next obstacle in his life as he is.
“It wasn’t always the greatest moments. But it’s what he wants to do,” Carla Milton said of her son. “He’s worked hard for it. He’s planned for it. And now we’re ready to begin this new chapter.”
For more on what the Milton’s had to say, check out the videos below, which were filmed shortly after he pledged his services to Georgia.
More Kendall Milton stories from around DawgNation
- 4 things on Georgia’s star-studded running back stable entering fall camp
- Georgia football podcast: Recruits celebrate 5-star RB Kendall Milton’s UGA commitment
- WATCH: Kendall Milton releases his commitment video, with a cameo from Todd Gurley
- College football is becoming a Superteam sport and Georgia is trying to keep up
- 5-star RB Kendall Milton has made his college decision
- California 5-star junior RB Kendall Milton says UGA has ‘major shot’ to sign him
- Social media, Georgia football fans react to latest addition to ‘RBU’ in 5-star Kendall Milton
- WATCH: The DawgNation conversation with 5-star RB target Kendall Milton (Part I)
- Kendall Milton on DawgNation: ‘I 100 percent feel the love from the Georgia fans’
- The No. 1 RB prospect or a ‘Tank’ in Athens? Kendall Milton shares his view on that