Safe to say Kirby Smart is a happy man after his team’s performance on Saturday.
For the second year in a row, Smart’s Bulldogs crushed Florida, winning 36-17. And after the game, Smart made sure to soak in the big win with his players. Thanks to the Georgia football Twitter account, Smart was captured celebrating in the locker room after the win over the No. 9 Gators.
— Georgia Football (@FootballUGA) October 28, 2018
Smart is usually very straightforward and doesn’t show this kind of emotion with the media, which only makes this video and win all the more fun. It is important to stay focused and keep the main thing the main thing, but it’s also important to enjoy life’s victories.
With the way Smart is dancing, it’s safe to say some property might be destroyed tonight, whether that’s in St. Simons, in Jacksonville, or in Athens.
With the win, Georgia now has back-to-back victories over Florida for only the second time since 1990, as Georgia won three straight in the series from 2011-2013. Jake Fromm was huge in the game, as he completed 17 of his 24 pass attempts for 240 yards and 3 touchdowns. D’Andre Swift also had his first career 100-yard game, and he salted the game away with the game’s final touchdown run.
Related: Jake Fromm wins Florida game ball
Georgia is now 7-1 on the season and visits Kentucky next week for what will basically be an SEC East Championship game. The Wildcats are also 7-1 on the season and both teams are 5-1 in SEC play. A game time has not yet been announced for that game, but you can bet that Smart and the team will be ready.
More Stories from DawgNation
- WATCH: Jake Fromm, Richard LeCounte make good on guarantee to beat Florida, again
- WATCH: Georgia great Maria Taylor wins bet with Florida grad Laura Rutledge
- INSTANT ANALYSIS: No. 7 Georgia Bulldogs one step closer to Atlanta with 36-17 win over Florida
- Georgia football stock report: Pass game meets gold standard against Florida
- Dan Mullen gets flagged after losing it on sideline during Georgia-Florida