LOOK: Latest practice photos bring UGA freshmen into focus
The Georgia Bulldogs are continuing to practice and get ready for the upcoming 2020 season. The Bulldogs will have their first game on Sept. 26 as they visit the Arkansas Razorbacks.
Georgia has now had multiple padded practices and it will have its first scrimmage this Saturday. Players will have a chance to prove themselves and what they can bring to the team in an extremely competitive environment.
On Wednesday we did get a chance to see a few more of the Georgia players in action, as the school released a number of photos from practice that day.
A number of freshmen were photographed going through reps and drills, with this being one of their first collegiate practices. Among those 2020 signees that caught our eye are tight end Darnell Washington, wide receiver Jermaine Burton, quarterback Carson Beck and defensive lineman Nazir Stackhouse.
Of those photographed, Burton might be taking on the most immediate role. Georgia received some unfortunate news as wide receiver Dominick Blaylock re-tore his ACL in practice on Wednesday in a non-contact drill. He will now miss the entire 2020 season as he attempts to recover from the injury.
That does open the door for Burton, who was one of the top wide receiver prospects in the 2020 signing class. Former Georgia wide receiver Terrence Edwards, who has worked with Burton, spoke very highly of his potential.
“Jermaine is explosive, down the field vertical threat. He can get in and out, can play inside and outside,” Edwards said. “I think he has the total package.”
Burton is one of five freshmen wide receivers Georgia has this year, to go along with Arian Smith, Marcus Rosemy, Justin Robinson and Ladd McConkey. A photo of Robinson delivering a stiff arm happened to go viral earlier in the week.
Georgia signed the No. 1 ranked signing class in the 2020 recruiting cycle, with a number of players having the possibility of earning early playing time.
Among some of the other players who were photographed on Wednesday include running back Kenny McIntosh, defensive tackle Jordan Davis and cornerback DJ Daniel and Tyson Campebll.
— Georgia Football (@GeorgiaFootball) August 27, 2020
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- SEC announces new start dates, competition guidelines for non-football fall sports
- What comes next at the wide receiver position now that Dominick Blaylock is out for 2020
- Georgia WR Dominick Blaylock suffers torn ACL to previously injured knee
- Georgia football DB ranks thinning, member of 2020 signing class not with team
- Georgia football sends ‘energy’ message with Matt Luke, Scott Cochran contract extensions
- Georgia football podcast: UGA’s big recruiting weekend really seemed to bother Ed Orgeron
- Todd Monken details the most important traits he’s looking for in UGA’s quarterbacks
- Instincts and playmaking help land Richard LeCounte earn preseason All-American honors