Georgia track and field freshman Matthew Boling has created another viral video. This time though, it involved his skills in the long jump and a whole lot of Red Solo Cups.
Boling posted a video to his TikTok that showed him jumping over a number of Red Solo cups. It started with 30. Then he went to 40. He cleared 50 after that and kept going until he cleared 80 cups, one stacked behind the other.
It looks more like he’s effortlessly gliding like he’s Peter Pan as opposed to jumping. The video had over 300,000 views at midnight on Friday.
@matthew_bolingJumping over 80 cups… duet if you think you can beat it
Time to use this in the Olympics 😂
— ESPN (@espn) May 9, 2020
In his high school days, Boling gained quite a bit of fame for his incredible performances in Texas high school track meets, often dusting the competition. In his truncated freshman season, Boling set the school record for the 200-meter dash and was named the SEC’s Freshman of the Year.
Boling’s personal best in the long jump is 26 feet, 3 ½ inches. He’s also run a wind-aided 9.98 100-meter dash.
Boling also got to show the football team his elite speed this past fall, as he was in on a prank with Kirby Smart and the Georgia football coaches.
— Georgia Football (@GeorgiaFootball) August 19, 2019
Boling was track teammates with incoming Georgia wide receiver Arian Smith, as the two competed together for the United States at the 2019 Pan American U-20 Championships. In addition to playing football, Smith will run track for the Bulldogs.
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- WATCH: Kirby Smart has hearty laugh at expense of technologically challenged Nick Saban
- Georgia football podcast: 3 UGA assistants that could be coaching stars on the rise
- Lovasea’ Carroll: DawgNation goes 1-on-1 with the elite RB commitment
- Dylan Fairchild: Elite in-state OL includes UGA among his top six schools
- Georgia Bulldogs Radio Network to rebroadcast some of Larry Munson’s greatest games during the month of May
- Les Miles says season to start in fall, SEC expert declares no fans in stands
- Georgia football podcast: A UGA win vs. Florida this season would be the best yet
- Georgia football: What are these virtual recruiting visits like right now?
- Mel Kiper Jr. 2021 NFL Draft Big Board: Alabama 14 top player mentions, Georgia 2
- If Alabama defined the last 10 seasons of Georgia football, then Clemson seems positioned to do so for the next 10