ATHENS — Georgia held its third practice of the spring on Saturday, but the first one at Sanford Stadium. There isn’t as much room as at the modified practice fields, but it’s a much shorter drive, so the team will be making use of Sanford a few times this year.
Some quick observations from the media viewing period, which lasted about 15 minutes:
- The quarterback pecking order, at least during media viewing periods, remains in order of seniority: Greyson Lambert, then Brice Ramsey, while Jacob Eason is working in with the walk-ons. But it’s still very early, so no need to get worked up over that quite yet. The three scholarship quarterbacks looked pretty even in the limited time the media was able to watch. Eason’s arm is as advertised, as is his height – he appeared to have about an inch on the 6-foot-5 Lambert.
- As for the receivers they’re throwing to, Terry Godwin and Isaiah McKenzie were two of the first-teamers in a drill that lined up three receivers. No surprise there. But the third man on Saturday was rising junior Shakenneth Williams, which is a decent early sign for a player who has struggled to break through in his first two years on campus.
- Riley Ridley, the early enrollee, was with the second team in the same drill, as was sophomore Shaquery Wilson. The other one was Reggie Davis, the senior.
- The first team offensive line remained the same as it had been all week: From left to right, Kendall Baker, Isaiah Wynn, Brandon Kublanow, Dyshon Sims, Greg Pyke. The second team on Saturday was a bit interesting: junior Aulden Bynum at left tackle, freshman Ben Cleveland at left guard, sophomore Lamont Gaillard at center, redshirt freshman Sam Madden at right guard and redshirt freshman Pat Allen at right tackle.
- Once again, Nick Chubb was in uniform, even during this full-pads practice. He took some handoffs in basic drills, then moved to the side to run on his own as the team did more contact work.