ATHENS — Day Three of the 2021 NFL Draft begins at noon with the Georgia football team within striking distance of tying or surpassing the school record for most players selected in one year (8).
RELATED: Why Georgia didn’t have as many first-round picks as Bama, and how that will change
The five Bulldogs’ players who will be drafted on Saturday or sign free-agent contracts are:
• DL Malik Herring
• OC Trey Hill
Georgia football has had six players selected thus far:
It’s the most number of players the Bulldogs have had selected in the first three rounds of an NFL Draft, eclipsing the previous mark of five, set on five occasions, most recently in the 2018 NFL Draft.
Some other notes about Georgia in the 2021 NFL Draft, per the award-winning UGA Sports Information department:
• Campbell is the first-ever UGA player selected with the opening pick of the second round, and the first chosen by Jacksonville since Marcus Stroud (first round) in 2001.
• The N.Y. Giants have picked five UGA players in the past four years, most recently choosing Ojulari and his former Georgia roommate, Andrew Thomas, the year before.
• By choosing Rice, Tennessee has picked a UGA player in each of the past three NFL drafts.
• Cleveland is only the third Georgia player chosen by the Baltimore Ravens
• McKitty is the first Bulldogs’ player chosen by the Chargers’ franchise since Gene Washington in 1977.
• The NFL team that has gone the longest without choosing a Georgia player (no, it’s not Atlanta) is Tampa Bay, with Jermaine Phillips going 157th overall in 2002.
Georgia has had 7 selected in each of past two NFL drafts
2020 NFL Draft
• OT Andrew Thomas (N.Y. Giants), 4th overall, first round
• OT Isaiah Wilson (Tennessee), 29th overall, first round
• RB D’Andre Swift (Detroit), 35th overall, second round
• OG Solomon Kindley (Miami), 111th overall, fourth round
• QB Jake Fromm (Buffalo), 167th overall, fifth round
• TE Charlie Woerner (San Francisco), 190th overall, sixth round
• MLB Tae Crowder (N.Y. Giants), 255th overall, seventh round
2019 NFL Draft
• CB Deandre Baker (N.Y. Giants), 30th overall, first round
• WR Mecole Hardman (Kansas City), 56th overall, second round
• WR Riley Ridley (Chicago), 126th overall, fourth round
• OLB D’Andre Walker (Tennessee), 168th overall, fifth round
• OC Lamont Gaillard (Arizona), 179th overall, sixth round
• TE Isaac Nauta (Detroit), 224th overall, seventh round
• WR Terry Godwin (Carolina), 237th overall, seventh roun