Cover 4 on Georgia football: What is the toughest game left on the schedule?
DawgNation has four staffers who cover Georgia football from every angle: Beat, live streams, photos, podcasts, recruiting, etc. The “Cover 4” concept is: 1) Present a topic; 2) Offer a reasoned response; 3) Share a brisk statement to support the informed opinion. 4) Pepper the page with photos for the big picture. For this edition, we discuss the toughest remaining game left for the season.
DawgNation continues with the “Cover 4” concept. It was a regular in our story rotation in 2018.
We have four staffers who cover UGA athletics on a full-time basis. It means the focus shifts to a timely “Cover 4” look with each of our guys manning the secondary here.
The quick in-and-out game remains. These takes are designed to come out quicker than former Bulldog Mecole Hardman Jr. ran the 40 at the NFL combine.
The latest “Cover 4” question of the regular season is:
What is the toughest game on the schedule?
Brandon Adams: Auburn
The “why” from “DawgNation Daily” here: “One of the few holes in Kirby Smart’s coaching resume is how his teams have performed in hostile road environments. That needs to change this season, but it won’t be easy against Auburn.”
Mike Griffith: Auburn
The “why” from “On the Beat” here: “[It will be] Auburn. On the road against a rival and a coach that’s fighting for his career.“
Connor Riley: at Auburn on Nov. 16.
The “why” from “Good Day UGA” here: “Texas A&M got pretty thoroughly dominated by Clemson this year. While Bo Nix hasn’t lit the world on fire yet, the Auburn defense is stout. And it’s worth mentioning Kirby Smart is still yet to win an SEC West road game.“
Jeff Sentell: Auburn
The Intel here: “Auburn is 4-0 and 2-0 in the conference. Sure, there were some struggle moments in home games against Kent State and Tulane. The other two wins came against a top 15 team in Oregon at a neutral site and then on the road at Texas A&M. They are also operating with a true freshman QB in Bo Nix who has some of those same heady qualities that Jake Fromm displayed early on in his Georgia career. “
The 2019 season “Cover 4” topics so far:
- Name the biggest reason why Georgia has the edge on Notre Dame
- Which Bulldogs have really opened our eyes after two games?
- The most improved Bulldog since last season is ….
- A few big non-score predictions for Georgia-Vanderbilt
- Which returning Bulldogs impressed the most in fall camp?
- The players set to become the new fan favorites for 2019 are ….
- What will convince you the Bulldogs are throwing the ball more this fall?
- What kind of numbers will D’Andre Swift put up in 2019?
- Jake Fromm’s best quality? The Cover 4 crew chops that one up
- DawgNation Nickel: What was the alarming trend coming out of spring ball in Athens?