DawgNation has four staffers who cover Georgia football from every angle: Beat, live streams, photos, podcasts, recruiting, etc. The “Cover 4” concept is: 1) Present a topic; 2) Offer a reasoned response; 3) Share a brisk statement to support the informed opinion. 4) Pepper the page with photos for the big picture. For this edition, we discuss the key South Carolina players to watch out for on Saturday.
DawgNation continues with the “Cover 4” concept. The focus is always a timely “Cover 4” look with each of our guys manning the secondary on a pertinent topic.
The quick in-and-out game remains. These takes are designed to come out quicker than former Bulldog Nick Chubb scored his third touchdown against the Baltimore Ravens this year.
The latest “Cover 4” question is:
Which Gamecocks can present problems on Saturday?
Brandon Adams: DL Javon Kinlaw and LB DJ Wonnum
The “why” from “DawgNation Daily” here: “South Carolina is a big underdog, but hasn’t been bad defensively (22nd in ESPN FPI). Wonnum (with six TFLs) and Kinlaw (with four sacks) have been two reasons why.”
Mike Griffith: WR Bryan Edwards
The “why” from “On the Beat” here: “The 6-foot-3, 215-pound Edwards had 7 catches for 111 yards and 2 TDs last season. That’s worth noting considering Tennessee had two 100-yard receivers last week, both Jauan Jennings and Marquez Callaway taller, bigger targets like Edwards.“
Connor Riley: CB Jaycee Horn and DL Javon Kinlaw
The “why” from “Good Day UGA” here: “Horn has been surprisingly disruptive from the cornerback position — six PBUs and two tackles for loss — and will be back playing in his home state. Kinlaw meanwhile is one of the top interior rushers in the entire conference and is going to be a high pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.“
Jeff Sentell: QB Ryan Hillinski
The Intel here: “Edwards. Kinlaw. Horn. Wonnum. Do concur with all those names. But the only way Carolina is in this game is if Hilinski has a strong game. He’s proven to be more-than-capable in his true freshman season. Hilinksi had a lot of Jake Fromm-ish qualities and intangibles as a true UGA recruiting target. He’s a very accurate and poised in the pocket. “
The 2019 season “Cover 4” topics so far:
- Which Tennesee Vols can hurt Georgia in Knoxville?
- What is the toughest game left on the schedule?
- What is the biggest edge that Georgia will have on Notre Dame?
- Who has already opened our eyes after just two games?
- What is your take on the legendary Vince Dooley?
- Who has the biggest day against Murray State?
- The most improved Bulldog since last season is ….
- A few big non-score predictions for Georgia-Vanderbilt
- Which returning Bulldogs impressed the most in fall camp?
- The players set to become the new fan favorites for 2019 are ….
- What will convince you the Bulldogs are throwing the ball more this fall?
- What kind of numbers will D’Andre Swift put up in 2019?
- Jake Fromm’s best quality? The Cover 4 crew chops that one up