Cover 4 on UGA football: Where is the big advantage over South Carolina?
Gameday eve will offer a chance for two reps of a UGA football feature called the Cover 4. DawgNation has four staffers who cover the team from every angle: Beat, hybrid roles, live streams, photos, podcasts, recruiting, etc. The Cover 4 aim here is simple: 1) Present a topic; 2) Offer a reasoned response; 3) Share a brisk statement to support the informed opinion. We’ll offer up two Cover 4 opinions regarding the Georgia-South Carolina game today.
COLUMBIA, SC — Cover 4 time. We’ve already got boots on the ground around the not-so-shady confines of Williams-Brice Stadium.
Where on the field does Georgia have the edge on South Carolina? We’re putting the Cover 4 on that topic.
These takes will come at you even faster than Mecole Hardman Jr. can post to his social media accounts.
What is the big advantage UGA football holds over South Carolina this week?
Brandon Adams: OL vs. DL
Why: I spoke about this on DawgNation Daily this week. South Carolina’s defensive line will be completely overwhelmed by UGA. I’ll be a big day for the UGA running backs.
Chip Towers: Physical downhill football
Why: Georgia O-Line versus Gamecocks’ D-line. I just don’t think they used blocking schemes the way they will in this game.
Mike Griffith: Jake Fromm making the right reads
Why: Jake Fromm vs. South Carolina secondary. Fromm will take what the Gamecocks give him.
Jeff Sentell: The varied weapons at WR
Why: Georgia has better players to win the majority of matchups in pass coverage. With all the talk about Tyson Campbell, how will Carolina’s secondary shadow Terry Godwin, Melcole Hardman, Riley Ridley and Demetris Robertson?
The Cover 4 so far
- What is the big advantage South Carolina has this week?
- Who is the best player that Georgia will face this season?
- What will Georgia’s final record be this year?
- Which one of those talented pups will make the biggest impact on the defense?
- What is the strongest position on the team?
- Who will be the MVP of the defense?
- Who is the most indispensable player on the team this fall?
- Which player seems like the most “slept on” for 2018?
- Cover 4 on which team on the schedule can take down UGA
- The UGA Cover 4 shines its light on the most improved player for 2018
- UGA Cover 4: This storyline is not getting the focus it should
Do you have your own opinion? DawgNation would love to hear your one-sentence why in the comments field below.