Julian Rochester, a 4-star UGA commitment, accepted his U.S. Army All-American jersey at McEachern High School on Tuesday afternoon. He also shared a few tidbits that would be of great interest to DawgNation:
- He said he has already signed his financial aid forms with UGA. He did so on his official visit for the Missouri game on Oct. 16. That allows for unlimited contact with UGA.
- The 6-foot-6, 320-pound defensive tackle will enrol early
- He said there’s a chance he might take one official visit, but he would likely only do so with Tremayne Anchrum. Those two are very close.
Should UGA fans worry about that? Rochester said there’s no reason. It sounds like there’s a greater chance of him running a 4.3 in the 40-yard dash than going anywhere else. Rochester said a major coaching shakeup would be the only way he would not wind up at UGA.
Rochester went into detail on those topics in the video interview above and also answered the following questions after his jersey presentation ceremony:
- Who are the four guys on his wish list that he hopes UGA signs in 2016?
- What are his expectations for the 2016 class?
- How has some summer criticism fueled his production this fall?
- What sort of family connection does he have to the U.S. Army All-American game?
Jeff Sentell covers UGA recruiting for AJC.com and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Follow him on Twitter for the latest on who’s on their way to play Between the Hedges.