James Williams is a prospect that simply will not fit into a normal prospect template or evaluation.
He’s making plays all over his junior highlight tape as a ballhawking safety and an edge receiver. That’s why the 247Sports Composite has switched up his positional ranking and evaluation from a safety to an athlete over the last two years.
Williams is still a 5-star, but now he’s no longer the nation’s No. 1 safety. The latest positional preference from the composite has him as the nation’s No. 1 ATH and No. 10 overall prospect.
With that said, it just kind of makes sense that Williams has changed up his top school preferences, too.
The playmaker from South Florida named a top 3 back on Feb. 15 of this year.
— James Williams (@Begreat_20) February 16, 2020
The 6-foot-5 Williams expressed a need for an editor this week on his social media to help him out with his latest reading of the green regarding his recruitment.
Georgia remains, but there’s a new challenger on his mind, too. The No. 1 player in Florida for the 2021 cycle dropped both Alabama and Clemson from his top schools preference and went with the hometown team.
He shared the news of his new top schools on his Instagram account late Thursday evening.
View this post on Instagram
Williams has elite size and measurable and tape for the position. Check out the junior highlight reel for the 2020 All-American Bowl participant below.
(the recent reads on DawgNation.com)
- WATCH: The Chaz Chambliss edit that caught everyone’s attention this week
- Tony Grimes: It appears a decision has been made on his potential reclassification
- Derrick LeBlanc: Georgia extends “dream school” offer to sophomore with elite size
- HEDGES: Who’s the best QB on the board in the class of 2022?
- MJ Morris: New Georgia coordinator Todd Monken has made him a priority
- WATCH: Georgia commit Chaz Chambliss shows he has a bright future at OLB
- Kirby Smart’s comments on the 2021 recruiting cycle thus far laced with empathy and uncertainty
- BREAKING: All-American OL Dylan Fairchild has made his college decision
- Brock Vandagriff: How does that family feel about the JT Daniels transfer?
- BREAKING: Elite 2022 DB Marquis Groves-Killebrew commits to UGA
- Who is Chaz Chambliss? Carrollton staff shares the goods on the new Bulldog commit
- Elite 2022 defensive athlete Daniel Martin already has a “family” feel at UGA
- Brock Bowers: Nation’s No. 3 TE knows what he needs to do before his college decision
- Prince Kollie: The ILB target who had 1,085 yards as a receiver in 2019
- Georgia’s program is now moving past the de-commitments of previous cycles
- The 5 things you haven’t read yet about recent OLB commit Elijah Jeudy