BRUNSWICK, Ga. — What’s something no one knows about UGA junior commit Deejay Dallas?
Well, the first thing is that’s not actually his real name. Dallas said he’s pretty sure that even the coaches at UGA do not know his real name is actually Demetrius Dallas, Jr.
He feels that his future teammates at UGA will still call him “Deejay,” but the 4-star athlete will give his full name to appear in the media guide and for play-by-play broadcasters to use. He’s planning for it to appear as “Dallas II” on the back on his college jersey, too.
That’s not the only thing you will learn about the Glynn Academy standout from the above video interview. Check it out. He’s an interesting young man.
5 things to know about UGA commit Demetrius Dallas II
- Academics are big to him. He’s scored a 23 on his ACT and that’s not good enough. He hopes to get a high enough score to qualify for the Zell Miller Scholarship at UGA.
- Dallas is stronger than he looks. He can bench press more than 300 pounds. The 6-foot, 185-pounder is pretty strong for his size to be able to power up that much weight.
- He’s already got four of his official visits set for next year: He’s planning to visit UGA, Florida, Ole Miss and Cal. He’s leaving out a slot for a fifth school.
- Is he a receiver or a defensive back? Check out the video interview above for his feelings on the position he plans to play at UGA. Dallas is rated as the No. 25 athlete in the Class of 2017.
- He also plans to enroll early in January of 2017.
Jeff Sentell covers UGA recruiting for AJC.com and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Follow him on Twitter for the latest on who’s on their way to play Between the Hedges.